Research Scientist (Electrochemist)
You will join us as a Research Scientist responsible for the research and development of C-Ion supercapacitor materials and structures to increase voltage, lifetime and energy density of devices.
Research Scientist Responsibilities:
- Development of novel, non-aqueous energy storage mechanisms.
- Optimisation of the interaction between electrodes and electrolyte to improve performance.
- Design and development of aqueous / organic electrode inks.
- Testing and evaluation of various materials for their suitability.
- Studying the effects of different constituents on electrode performance.
Research Scientist Requirements:
- PhD in Scientific or Engineering discipline with relevant experience in energy storage technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of the application of nano materials to energy storage systems.
- Hands-on experience in Electrochemical techniques, ink and slurry formulations, coating techniques.
- Proven skills in materials characterisation techniques such as high-resolution electron microscopy, BET, PSD, etc.
- Good IT skills, including the ability to use statistical analysis software competently.
About ZapGo Ltd:
ZapGo is a high technology business based in Oxford developing technology to address the problems of slow charging and hazardous materials encountered by the current generation of battery-powered devices and vehicles.
Location: Harwell, Didcot, OX11 0SG
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 8.45am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.45am to 4.30pm on Friday
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000 per annum dependant on experience
Benefits: Private medical healthcare, 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, non-contributory pension.
You may have experience of the following: Research Scientist, Research Assistant, Research Fellow, Research Fellowship, Research Associate, PhD Graduate, MSc Graduate etc.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'