Research Scientist - Applied Behavlour
Research Scientist- (Applied Behaviour)
An exciting position for a Research Scientist has arisen for my client, a large global FMCG organisation based in Waltham on the Wolds, Leicestershire, situated a few miles away from Melton Mowbray. This is an excellent opportunity to grow and develop within a highly renowned and unique business.
Contract Duration: 6 months
Day of Work: Mon - Fri
Hours of work: 37.5 hrs
Pay rate: £14.50 - £19.50 per hour
Flexible working: 2 x home days/3 x office days.
Research scientists at WALTHAM provide proactive contributions to the scientific content of fundamental pet-friendly research which is key in delivering scientific advancements to the brands globally. The job holder will routinely apply the principles of scientific method and experimental design to deliver approved research projects in line with quality, ethical and safety standards.
The job holder will co-ordinate agreed resources (people, animal, laboratory, equipment, technology, and diets) to ensure effective delivery of data according to study time-lines. The job holder will play a large role in contributing to the development and utilisation of automated models for the recognition of pet behaviour using open-source data science frameworks and other relevant methods. You will also be responsible for any relevant data analyses and subsequent communication and reporting of outcomes in written and verbal format to the project team.
You will have demonstrated practical experience in programming using Python, an interest in animal behaviour, as well as relevant experience of experimental design and data interpretation to successfully plan, coordinate and communicate projects efficiently and effectively. You will be familiar with machine learning open source coding frameworks (especially Pytorch and Tensorflow) and must have good skills in using computer-based technologies to create, store and retrieve information.
Excellent communication skills are required to interact with all levels of personnel at WALTHAM, present project data in an appropriate form and update the Applied Behaviour team leader and Project Investigators on project progress on a regular basis.
You will have the responsibility of planning you time and prioritising tasks following discussions and input from the project team. You will be encouraged to think independently and indicate sound judgement in the application of project design and delivery, as well as solving day to day problems. Additionally, you will possess the ability to work independently, as well as exhibit strong team player skills to ensure they work effectively and harmoniously with a diverse range of people.
- Manage, implement, and deliver internal research studies, including supporting assessment techniques and data collection to deliver quality-assured scientific data.
- Design, produce and communicate research study protocols and generate support materials for research studies.
- Key contributor on the data preparation and gathering steps (pre-processing), along with any activities resulting in the deployment of the models in a production-ready state (post-processing).
- Collate and run quality control of scientific data and ensure data analysis is carried out in a line with the study objectives and hypothesis (including direct data analysis using well established methods or the analysis tool kit).
- Coordinate and direct research study teams. Liaise regularly with research project team to ensure successful execution of project.
- Communicate study findings in verbal and written form to the relevant WALTHAM audiences.
- Ensure provision of appropriate resources to deliver internal research.
- Regular communication of project progress and findings to Applied Behaviour team
- Attend project, capability and team meetings as required, and contribute where appropriate.
- Minimum: Bachelor's degree in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g., Data Science/IT/Animal Behaviour/Zoology/Psychological Science/).
- Preferred: BSc (Hons/Masters)
- Demonstrated programming experience using Python and machine learning open source coding frameworks (especially Pytorch and Tensorflow)
- Experience in designing and implementing research studies, preferably in a commercial environment.
- Excellent communication skills, agility, "learning on the fly", action orientation, attention to detail, ability to work independently and in a team, numerate, computer literate, and the ability to create collaborative relationships are essential.
- Proven skills in planning, organisation, and communication of research outputs.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
- Life Science
- animal behaviour
- Batchelor Degree
- Video Mapping
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'