£25,000+ per annum depending on experience (pro rata)
Part-time, up to 25 hours a week
Fixed term one-year contract with opportunity to extend
We are Parentkind, a leading charity that supports and champions all the ways parents can participate in education and have their voices heard. We are also the leading membership organisation for parent-teacher associations in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. We are looking for an experienced part-time Research Officer to join our Head Office in Tonbridge, Kent.
Who you are:
We are looking for a professional and organised individual who has experience of commissioning, managing and using research to support Parentkind’s external affairs work. You will able to work autonomously and under pressure with a proven track record of delivering results.
If you share our passion to support parents in their role in their children’s education and feel you have the right qualities to make a difference, then we would love to hear from you.
Reporting to the External Affairs Manager, the post-holder will be responsible for developing and running a research programme including market research, desk research, audience insight and campaign evaluation projects to ensure our strategy and operations are grounded in evidence and continuously improve, and to advise colleagues on suitable research programmes to meet their requirements.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Commissioning and conducting effective research, insights and evaluation projects including desk research and writing surveys
- Monitoring research developments and funding opportunities
- Developing, documenting and maintaining a map of existing and ongoing research programmes within the UK and globally, relevant to Parentkind’s strategic aims. This will include research on parental engagement, parental involvement and the role of parent groups in schools
- Preparing reports and briefings for colleagues, trustees and other audiences
- Ensuring that evidence collected meets project evaluation requirements
Our ideal candidate will have proven experience in research and will have ideally had experience of working in the charity or public sector.
To apply and for a job pack, please visit our website.
Closing date: 10am on Monday, 30th April 2018.
Unfortunately we are unable to consider any applications which are received after the deadline.
First interviews will be held on Friday 11th May 2018.
Second interviews will be held on Friday 18th May 2018.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job