Our client is the leading charity dedicated to research into kidney disease in the UK, with the aim of finding better treatments and ultimately cures for kidney diseases. Their vision is ‘Lives free from kidney disease’.
They have an opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with a biological science-based Degree to join their Research Operations team. It’s an exciting time for the charity as their research funding has substantially increased over the last three years allowing them to support more vital research.
Position: Research and Impact Officer
Location: Nene Hall, Peterborough
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £25,000 to £28,000 depending on experience
Closing date: Wednesday 28 March 2018
About the role:
This role will lead in the assessment of impact and evaluation of output / outcomes from completed research activities, which will require liaison with the Head of Insight.
They will provide the internal project management on a number high-level research projects, including PIVOTAL, and NURTuRE; as well as providing project support to new ones as they become active.
The provision of grants administration for the charity’s Research Operations BAU functions, maintaining and ensuring adherence to our funding governance and policies.
- Arrange and attend meetings as well as provide secretariat for two key committees, the NURTuRE Strategic Access and Oversight Committee (SOAC) and the UK Consortium (UKKRC). In consultation with the Director provide secretariat assistance with the rotation and succession process.
- Undertake internal project management and provide project support as required on a number of large, high visibility, directed and / or commissioned initiatives (e.g. PIVOTAL, NURTuRE, etc.). Including providing secretariat for these project-related governance boards (e.g. ADB, JSC, SOAC, etc) associated with these initiatives.
- Lead on the process & methodologies development, liaising with the Insight team; in order to undertake the assessment and analysis of the impact (output / outcomes) across our research portfolio, which will include auditing completed grants, on-going annual data collections via Researchfish.
- Provide information on research activities to the wider charity teams as required for, but not limited to, communication activities or income generation.
- Responsible member of Research Operations supporting delivery of the grants application, review and award process working with the Research Grants Committee and external reviewers, including ensuring that the Grants Management System (database) is up to date.
- Assisting with ad-hoc grant competitions, which could be either piloting new competitions or are one-off competitions / proposal reviews.
- Provide support as required for the Alumni Programme (researcher development days and the annual Fellows Day).
Essential Skills / Experiences:
- Degree – biological science based
- Scientific or academic
- Administration and Project Management
- Microsoft Office
- Database experience
- Good understanding of Scientific / Technical Language
Desirable Skills / Experiences:
- PHD – biological science based
- Laboratory or other research experience (academic or corporate environment)
- Grant Giving and / or Charity or NGO sector
- Report writing and analysis skill ~ presentation and budgetary
You may have experience of the following: Research Insight and Planning Officer, Research Officer, Consumer Research, Planning Officer, Consumer Insight, Qualitative Research, Quantitative Research, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.