We are seeking an individual to lead, grow and enhance the research function of our business.
The Spencer Group is a specialist executive search firm, focused on the Commercial Education and Pharmaceutical Technology sectors. We work in partnership with innovative, global clients to appoint high-level professionals to highly specialised roles, consistently delivering excellent client outcomes and exceptional service.
The successful candidate will not necessarily have prior managerial or research experience. However, they will be a naturally driven, detail-orientated person who excels in environments where utilising initiative, organisation and taking ownership over tasks is key. Industry and sector knowledge will be provided via a rigorous training programme and we will support you to develop within what may be your first management role.
As the Research Manager, you will have responsibility for the research function of our business, ensuring efficient output of high quality research including target lists, candidate lists, market intelligence and market-mapping. Subject to performance, you will also be responsible for recruiting, training and managing research team members.
We are passionate about creating a market-leading research function and from day one you will be encouraged to offer strategic input on the operation of our business. We will ask you to look for efficiencies, drive improvements and seek the constant enhancement of processes and systems. As such, you will be a crucial part of the future success of our rapidly expanding organisation.
Successful candidates will have:
- A detail orientated, systematic approach
- Tenacity and drive
- The desire to work in a collegiate, team-orientated, fun atmosphere
- The ability to respond positively to challenge
- Experience working with high expectations and challenging timescales
- Commercial awareness and entrepreneurial spirit
- Leadership qualities and the ability to inspire, motivate and lead
- A 2:1 degree or above
Benefits of joining us:
- Detailed training plan
- Expedited career progression
- Regular team incentives (Trips to Europe, dinner in the Eifel Tower/Shard, private drink parties, outdoor activities)
- 20 days holiday plus the gap between Christmas and New Year
- Life Insurances at 4 x times salary
- BUPA Health insurance
- Company pension
- Organisational Skills
- Personal Drive
- Project Management
- Team Leader