Social Research Institute - Research Manager - Qualitative
We are the leaders in social research and bridge the gap between government and the public, providing robust research and analysis. We cover broad issues that shape the delivery of public services in modern society and how to engage the public in the policy-making process. Our teams work for every single central government department, the devolved administrations, regulators, agencies and the third sector. We work closely with the centre of government, as well as with policy-makers across Whitehall and in the wider political environment such as think tanks, the interested private sector and the media.
Our work has a direct bearing on the decisions made by government, organisations and citizens. We take that responsibility seriously and, because of this, do work of the highest quality that stands up to close scrutiny.
We are looking for a specialist qualitative Senior Research Executive or Research Manager to join our Social Research Institute. With support from directors, the role will involve project managing all aspects of qualitative research studies from design right through to reporting, including liaising with government clients, creating innovative research designs, developing fieldwork materials, carrying out fieldwork, analysis, presenting and writing up publishable findings.
This is an exciting opportunity for a confident communicator, skilled in building and maintaining client relationships. Working in a friendly and supportive working environment, you will have space to develop new ideas, work collaboratively with others, and extend your qualitative research skills.
An understanding of quantitative research would also be preferable given our qualitative specialists often work on mixed methods studies. Excellent organisational skills and an eye for detail are also a must. Practical and pragmatic, you will deliver high profile studies to demanding timescales.
The successful candidate will ideally have many of the following:
- Excellent project management skills, able to work to tight and demanding deadlines to deliver profitable work
- Design qualitative research studies and write small proposals, including costs, with senior research staff
- Experience of moderating workshops, groups and depths with a range of audiences
- Confident in designing research materials including screeners, discussion guides and stimulus
- The ability to systematically manage qualitative data, and conduct thoughtful and thorough analysis
- Proficiency in packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of working in a customer/client-focused environment, and of working directly with clients
- Confident and clear written and verbal communication skills with experience of making recommendations based on findings
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks effectively
- An ability to think creatively when it comes to communicating qualitative findings, and be innovative in relation to methods design
In return, we offer:
- A competitive package, with a commitment to personal development where your efforts and achievements are recognised and rewarded
- A creative, busy, open and supportive working environment
- The opportunity to get involved with innovative techniques and developing policy areas
We recognise that everybody is different and strive to harness those differences to create an inclusive environment where individuals feel valued, their talents are recognised and they are given every opportunity to develop their full potential. Should you have the skills and experience required for this role please click on 'Apply' below to submit your CV and covering letter.
- Project Management
- Public Affairs
- Qualitative Research