Research manager - member experience
Location: Bristol, London, Harwell, Manchester
Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research - by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It's our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally-advanced education and research nation in the world. It's a bold statement, but one that we're determined to fulfil.
About the role
The research manager will drive demonstrable improvements in the member experience.
You will join a newly formed research team, enabling Jisc to listen to members via the full range of research mechanisms. The research manager will need to work in a highly collaborative way across Jisc Group to ensure that Jisc delivers an excellent experience across the full range of stakeholders.
Improving member satisfaction is a strategic concern for Jisc. You will be expected to support efforts to introduce and sustain standard approaches to measuring and monitoring satisfaction.
As a member of the research team, you will be responsible for delivering significant elements of Jisc's 'listening strategy', but also contributing to work of the sector intelligence team to help establish a target member experience, providing Jisc with a clear view of the optimal lifecycle, made up of mission critical lifestages and journeys.
We're looking for someone who can/has:
- Understanding member experience across all touchpoints
- Understanding reflective member experience
- Representing and reporting on satisfaction
- Defining the target member experience
- 28 days annual leave (including three closure days at Christmas) plus eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution) is a valuable part of our reward package
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Death-in-service benefit of three times salary
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
This role will be based in Bristol, London, Harwell, Manchester.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays will be required.
No agencies please.
This job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So, if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Difference is good, and here at Jisc we want to celebrate it. So regardless of your background or personal characteristics, if you are great at what you do, we want to hear from you.