Ecorys UK is leading international management consultancy delivering innovative solutions in research and evaluation, communications and programme management services for a range of UK and European public and private sector organisations. We have passionate teams working on meaningful policies that have an impact on people’s lives around the world. We are a socially responsible, employee-owned organisation that gives 1% of our profits to charity each year. Our working culture promotes personal and career development and you will be part of a large international group with offices worldwide. Ecorys operates a flexible working policy.
About the Role:
Our work ranges from supporting local client needs, through to large-scale national, European and international research, monitoring and impact evaluations. We work across a range of policy areas including education, employment, children, young people and families, health and wellbeing.
The Economist will support in the winning and delivery of research, evaluation and consultancy projects within the Policy and Research Team across the UK, European and International markets, primarily in the form of economics or quantitative-based inputs, though there will be opportunities for qualitative research as well. Inputs are likely to include cost benefit analysis, costing work, economic appraisal and applying economic principles to ‘real world’ contexts.
Working across one or more of our core market areas (UK, EU, International) in one or more of our key policy areas including:
- Education, training, learning and skills
- Employment and labour markets
- Culture, sport and heritage
- Voluntary, community sector and NGOs
- Business and enterprise
- Economic development and economic analysis
- Local and regional development
- Ageing and older people
- Crime and justice
- Transport, environment
This role supports the winning and delivery of a range of key contracts for a range of clients for predominantly public sector and voluntary sector clients. It provides an opportunity to develop a career in the provision of economics and research, evaluation and consultancy services. This role is based in one of our UK offices (Birmingham, Leeds, London).
- To provide high quality research and consultancy inputs to a range of research, evaluation and consultancy projects for a range of public sector clients and charities
- To provide skills in economics and/or statistical and quantitative methodologies across a range of our contracts
- To undertake when needed, administrative research tasks such as organising interviews, events, meetings
- To provide quantitative support to research and evaluation projects, such as developing analytical plans and undertaking data manipulation, descriptive statistics, hypothesis testing and advising on more complex statistical modelling (including supporting counterfactual impact analyses).
- To provide qualitative research inputs to research and evaluation projects, such as conducting desk based research and literature reviews, designing research/evaluation frameworks and tools, conducting and analysing case studies/depth interviews/focus groups, designing surveys frameworks and tools, conducting and analysing case studies/depth interviews/focus groups, designing surveys
- Working with surveys, including handling sample frames and working with our survey team in designing and implementing surveys (postal, web, face to face, CATI)
- To project manage smaller projects or parts of larger projects under the guidance and supervision of Project Directors or other senior staff, keeping oversight on timescales, deliverables and budget
- To produce high quality analytical outputs and written reports/outputs, and present research findings effectively. This includes contributing to a range of outputs such as blog posts, articles, social media postings, newsletters, good practice guides
- To have good commercial awareness and appreciation of the environment in which Ecorys UK works and contribute new ideas for future development of the business
- To actively contribute to EOI’s/PQQs and full proposals/tenders/bids and pitches for prospective clients, in response to invitations to tender
- To undertake targeted business development and client and competitor research in respect of opportunities to advance the company's work under the direction of senior staff
- To be an active member of the team, contributing ideas, suggestions and taking part in training and team meetings and events.
- First degree in relevant subject or equivalent experience
- Professional experience in economics/research
- Commercial awareness
- Demonstrable experience of effective project management
- Demonstrable experience of the design/implementation of economics and/or quantitative research
- Ability to organise, analyse and evaluate complex quantitative and qualitative data
- Flexible, enthusiastic and proactive approach to work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to contribute to winning new work for the company towards an agreed target.
- Recent experience of working in a consultancy or research environment
- Knowledge of the policy and market environment
- Highly competent in use of relevant software packages (incl. Excel, R, Stata, SPSS, NVivo
- Master’s level qualification.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'