Our client is an exhibitions and events business, looking for a Research Manager to support their insight function. The role will be split between their partnering research agency and the client itself. This role will suit someone who is currently an agency side researcher, looking to gain experience clientside to progress your career. The company offers a competitive salary, the chance to work on a good variety of projects and be part of the team informing the marketing and strategy departments internally.
In this role you will be a key contact between the agency and the client. You will be based mainly in-house at the client's offices, with some time spent at the agency to ensure smooth running of the research projects. You will be managing mostly quantitative projects, although there will also be qualitative requirements as well.
Key Duties Include:-
- Taking the brief from your colleagues, developing a strong understanding of what research and insight programmes are needed to answer the business questions
- Designing the research programmes and briefing the agency
- Managing the relationship between the client and the agency
- Overseeing the project and providing necessary updates internally
- Taking the results from the agency to paint a picture for senior stakeholders, so that they can see what needs to be implemented off the back of it
Project work will be focused around exhibitions and events - how people feel about them, whether they would sponsor or would like to return to the event. The research will seek to find what drives people to attend events and how they can be improved.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level and will be a strong quantitative researcher. Experience in qualitative research would be beneficial. You will be either a Senior Research Executive looking to progress into a Research Manager role, or will be a Research Manager already. You will have experience working with online panels and communities. You will be used to managing a variety of projects at once and will be confident in running a project from start to finish. Ad hoc experience is a must. You will be experienced in writing questionnaires, understanding data and how this translates into actionable insights.