Are you passionate about researching or evaluating cohesion, crime and security issues and policies? If so, this could be the opportunity for you …
We are recruiting for a Research Manager/Associate Director to explore public attitudes and behaviour, examining stakeholder opinions, generating communications and policy impact, and gathering public opinion on difficult and controversial issues.
What you’ll be doing:
Using the full range of qual and quant research and evaluation methods you’ll be helping answer our clients’ questions in a range of policy areas including counter-extremism & terrorism, cyber security, modern slavery, international migration/refugee research, crime & policing and legal reform. Working with specialists from across the business including statisticians, evaluation practitioners, and economists, you’ll be managing multiple projects from inception through to delivery, managing fieldwork, analysis and reporting and presenting insightful findings to clients that creates an impact.
Working with Senior Directors you’ll be building strong client relationships across government and academia, writing winning research/evaluation proposals, leading on responses to research briefs, as well as identifying new market opportunities and developing strong relationships with existing clients.
You’ll also be responsible for:
- Developing junior team members to fulfil their potential., including line management
- Effective communication with clients, internal and external suppliers, policymakers and staff
- Writing questionnaires and discussion guides that meet client’s objectives, including creative approaches where relevant
- Monitor a project’s financial progress, identifying problems and suggesting solutions
- Be the key point of contact for clients on project-related matters, taking a proactive approach to develop knowledge of the client’s business
- Effectively manage relationships with suppliers and with internal operations colleagues to ensure the objectives of the research are met and on budget
We welcome applications from both quantitative and qualitative specialists, researchers and evaluation specialists. You must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for business development. You will need to be self-motivated, have good client management skills, be extremely organised, have an eye for detail and have the ability to confidently lead teams.
- Proficiency in Excel, SPSS and other packages
- Be logical and able to understand complex data
- Excellent communication, client handling and supplier negotiation skills
- Excellent writing skills and experience of preparing reports and presentations, with a high level of accurate use of English, including the ability to write in a variety of styles
We are not looking to fill jobs, but to partner with our people. We value team accomplishments and we believe in leaders who set good examples. We encourage and reward individual initiative, innovation and creativity. Our values (Integrity, Curiosity, Client First, and Entrepreneurial Spirit) are based on our diverse cultural backgrounds, helping us to be responsive, client-focused and flexible.
We are intellectually curious and passionate researchers who set ourselves high standards and work collaboratively to service our clients most effectively. We are consistently engaged in a variety of complex and high-profile projects in nearly every major industry
Social Research Institute - we are leaders in social research and bridge the gap between government and the public, providing robust research and analysis. We cover broad issues that shape the delivery of public services in modern society and how to engage the public in the policy-making process. Our teams work for every single central government department, the devolved administrations, health bodies, educational institutions, regulators, agencies and the third sector.Our work has a direct bearing on the decisions made by government, organisations and citizens. We take that responsibility seriously and, because of this, do work of the highest quality that stands up to close scrutiny.
The research of the Public Policy and Engagement (PPE) Unit covers not only the UK, but also pan-European studies and, increasingly, research and evaluation in the developing world for clients with global policy objectives and influence. The Cohesion and Security team within PPE work on a range of research projects relating to key government policies in the areas of counter-extremism & terrorism, cyber security, modern slavery, international migration/refugees as well as crime & policing and legal reform.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We recognise that everybody is different and strive to harness those differences to create an inclusive environment where individuals feel valued, their talents are recognised and they are given every opportunity to develop their full potential.
- Microsoft Excel
- Qualitative Research
- Quantitative Research
- Social Policy