You will be reporting into the Insight Manager, with a principal remit of driving actionable insight into the company's marketing teams, providing them recommendations based off research and market data to inform marketing promotional, product selection and campaign decisions.
A fair amount of emphasis will be on the various retail events which make up any retailer's trading calendar. This will include things like Christmas, Black Friday, Valentines, Mother's and Father's Day, spring/summer/winter sales, etc. etc.
You will be drawing your insight from both primary source (trading data, shopping trends, what people are looking at online and maybe not converting on vs what they are) and secondary source (Kantar research, TNS Data, customer, market and competitor data etc.) to build a picture of consumer trends and commercial opportunities, drawing conclusions as to what are the right things to be pushing and promoting, giving that guidance and evidence to the marketing team to take action upon.
Although this role includes a lot of analysis, it's not a data analyst position. This is all about research insight - looking over qualitative and quantitative data and drawing salient conclusions you can translate into meaningful and compelling stories for the marketing and commercial teams.
Spotting the right trends and commercial opportunities are key to advising the right marketing strategies which result in a meaningful impact to the company's bottom line.
- Be the owner of a set of business questions or problems, looking at primary customer data and secondary source market related information and other sources of data in order to draw conclusion and provide actionable insight to the marketing teams - looking to answer the most pertinent issues and help inform marketing strategy
- Combining data sources including: customer, digital & financial analytics, quantitative & qualitative research, market & competitor analysis to bring a customer perspective when looking to answer these questions.
- Ensure a functionally independent and objective perspective in assessing and evaluating campaign performance to understand success/failures and the reasons why
About the company
They're a big brand high-street retailer who, in recent years, have been succeeding despite challenging times for a lot of traditional businesses in this sector.
Their success has been down to their ecommerce presence. A high quality experience backed by the right operational back end to deliver an experience for the consumer which rivals most pure-play digital retail firms.
Because of this they're an employer of choice, not just in their geographical location, but also their market sector in general.
If you're interested in knowing more, please get in touch asap.
Role: Research Insight Executive - Marketing
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 (based on experience)
Benefits: Bonus, pension, staff discount scheme, share save and lots more.
- Solid credentials in working with primary and secondary information to identify trends, distilling insights and translating these into meaningful stories
- Experience doing this to advise and inform marketing and campaign strategies, acting as the voice of the consumer is highly desirable
- You've got a real drive and ambition to step into a role where you will own stakeholder relationships, and be the 'go to' person for advice and insight around the consumer
- Agency or client side experience equally welcome
- Ruthless prioritisation skills - in this role demand will outstrip your ability to supply. So you will put these skills to the test
- Polished stakeholder management skills - in handling the above, and you're also going to be the 'go to' person for the marketing team in providing the insight which informs their campaigns
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call and ask for the marketing division.
- research analyst
- customer insight
- research executive
- campaign insight
- marketing insight
- research insight
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'