This role is split between CARE Manchester and CARE Chester and potentially some travel to other CARE clinics for training or to clinical cover.
CARE Fertility is the largest private provider of IVF and fertility treatment in the UK and we have developed a Training and Research programme to specifically develop Junior Doctors within the speciality. By joining CARE as a Research Fellow in Reproductive Medicine, you will have the opportunity to undertake a research project that will allow you to gain a Doctorate in Medicine at the end of a three-year period. The first two years will be spent within the CARE group and the third year will allow you to write up your thesis when you re- enter the national gynaecological training programme.
CARE Fertility are working in partnership with the University of Edinburgh to confer post graduate degrees, as such we are in a unique position to offer prestigious Research Fellows. This unrivalled opportunity for career defining exposure within the UKs leading IVF provider will allow you to complete in- depth training in Reproductive Medicine with our senior doctors and you will be allocated a research supervisor who will be one of CARE’s senior scientists. On completion of this two year programme, it is envisaged you will complete your training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology leading to a completed training certificate after which you would become a Consultant with a special interest in Reproductive Medicine. The over- arching objective of the programme is to develop clinical expertise in the field of Reproductive Medicine to ensure a future talent pipeline for the speciality.
You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team, developing skills in state-of-the-art reproductive medicine procedures and regularly interact with a wide range of patients requiring fertility and assisted conception services.
As a Research Fellow in Reproductive Medicine, you will:
- Consult and assess patients
- Plan and carry out patient treatment
- Work in theatre to carry out egg collections, embryo transfers, and other fertility related procedures
- Ensure effective communication with other team members
- Attend clinical and team meetings as appropriate
- Ensure continued emphasis of the research requirement of your project
As the successful candidate, you will need to demonstrate:
- Qualified with part 1 MRCOG- to ST5
- Be GMC registered with a license to practice and follow Good Medical Practice guidance
- Proactive desire to work toward a qualification as an MD
- Ability to prioritise and adapt to meet patient and business needs
- Excellent problem-solving and research skills
- Excellent verbal and numerical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Act as a CARE Fertility and University of Edinburgh ambassador
Curriculum available upon application.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
CARE Fertility is the one of the largest independent providers of fertility treatments in the world, performing over 8000 cycles annually. We draw on the knowledge of our wider team of over 600 dedicated doctors, embryologists, nurses and support teams who all work together to ensure our patients get the very best fertility treatment.
Our excellent service to our patients has allowed for market growth which means we continuously seek new and fresh talent to complement our current team as well as developing our people to reach their full potential. Join our team and look forward to a challenging and rewarding role, with great results bringing great opportunity for recognition and promotion across the CARE Group.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'