We’re looking for a Research and Development manager to join the commercial team at a world-renowned exhibition / events / trade-show venue in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
You’ll need an analytical, commercial brain having held a progressive leadership position within a similarly large organisation for at least 2-3 years. An individual with a background in management consulting for the exhibitions industry could be ideal.
As Research and Development Manager, you’ll be responsible for providing research-led sales and business development intelligence and support to diversify and expand on the venue’s existing portfolio of exhibitions, conferences and events.
You’ll work very closely with the Director – Marketing and the Commercial Division Leadership Team in providing market research, business and competitor intelligence thereby contributing to the overall development of sales strategy and its execution.
- Input on the annual sales strategy based on market research driven understanding of customer needs, priorities and trends.
- Direct the interpretation, use and implications of market and sector/ industry intelligence to improve business decisions and knowledge base for strategic planning.
- Review and lead market research and analysis on competitor industry performance reviews and best practices to compare performance with global best practice.
- Conduct detailed industry trends and value chain analysis to highlight the global and regional trends shaping the sectors.
- Analyze the potential opportunities within specific activities and identify areas/activities that the business may facilitate, develop and/or groom.
- Use proven projection and forecasting techniques to make meaningful contributions to marketing and business development strategies initiatives.
- Consult with internal functions/divisions to determine and help prioritize competitive intelligence and secondary research needs.
- Manage and oversee the collection, interpretation and communication of industry, competitive, legislative and market trends.
- Direct competitive intelligence activities using multiple internal and external sources to track competition.
- Collaborate with external marketing professionals, statisticians and other professionals to gather pertinent industry data.
- Ensure and maintain an updated comprehensive database on local, regional and global industry trends and information, with indepth details on industries of interest to the business.
- Identify target clients across geographies, markets and segments in support of development of marketing plans.
- Work with the Sales Directors and Sales team to prepare material and pitches for competitive conference/congress and exhibition-related bid processes.
- Manage market researches to identify and segment potential clients across geographies and markets, as per client skill set and size requirements.
- Identify and evaluate potential business and partnership opportunities that serve in developing and enhancing products and services
- Co-ordinate customer insights and research (primary and secondary) through external agencies focusing on industry, consumer and economy trends that drive individual businesses.
- Work with business teams to identify, evaluate and implement effective ways of applying research findings to business needs.
- Monitor and analyze findings on competitors activity and market intelligence data and assess its impact on the business.
- Document and present findings and recommendations to the business.
- Initiate research and obtain feedback on the image and effectiveness of the Group’s corporate public relations, social initiatives, marketing, promotional events and programs.
- Enhance understanding of research & development tools & techniques through the transfer of knowledge, development, coaching and training.
- At least 2 – 3 years progressive leadership responsibility in an organization of similar scope and size
- Excellent Communication, Presentation and Analytical skills are essential
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Marketing, Business Administration, Strategy or other relevant field (Master’s in Business Administration is desirable)
- 5 – 7 years of experience in a similar role in an international or large organization.
- Management consulting background is preferred
Why this is a great opportunity:
- This is a great opportunity to join the fantastic team at a world-renowned and highly successful venue
- A brilliant opportunity for someone living in the local area or for an expatriate looking to make the move to the region
- The salary on offer is up to £70k depending on experience
- This position is based in Abu Dhabi, UAE
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job