Research & Development Manager
Location: Sutton Coldfield - B72 1SX
Salary: Excellent DOE
Employment Status: Permanent, Full-Time
About the company:
International Compliance Training (ICT) is the primary and longest established training partner of the International Compliance Association. We deliver training worldwide leading to the award of ICA's professional qualifications in governance, risk and compliance, anti money laundering and financial crime prevention. We also provide bespoke training solutions to firms.
Established in 2001, we are passionate about learning and development and tens of thousands of individuals and firms all over the world have realised their training ambitions through us.
These are exciting times to join ICT as we are in a period of change and growth.
Main Purpose of Role:
To support the Head of R&D in furthering our Business to Customer (B2C) and Business to Business (B2B) content development, subject matter expertise and broader market presence. This may involve anything from writing a single tweet to creating the entire content for a bespoke global program for a tier one bank. It really can be that varied - although there is an increasing emphasis on B2B content development and meeting the learning needs of firms.
The role of the Research and Development Team is crucial to International Compliance Training and our future development. The extent of the available roles will vary depending upon the experience of the candidates, but are likely to include some (or all!) of the following:
• be responsible for the production of content in its various guises (formal - such as training materials, proposals and powerpoint presentations; as well as informal - social media, blogs and similar)
• work closely with B2B customers to build successful relationships, delivering excellent ongoing service
• ensure quality and customer focus underpin the content creation and dissemination process
• help identify and maintain awareness of developments in industry, law, regulation and best practice across compliance, AML and Financial Crime Prevention subject areas
• horizon scan/make recommendations for the ongoing evolution of our existing portfolio of products and share this intelligence with various stakeholders in the right format in a timely and efficient manner
• be involved in practical development (research, design, writing) of ICT courses, including workshops, manuals, support materials and web presentations.
• ensure products are identified and developed within an appropriate time frame, and meet specific quality and cost requirements
• develop channels via which content is delivered (online and mobile, for example)
• work with a wide variety of internal (eg: Marketing, Tutor Team) and external customers/stakeholders
• provide subject matter and technical support to central departments such as Operations, Marketing, Membership, Academic Facultyand Sales
• contribute to the ICT content marketing proposition and all aspects of ICT content in order to meet strategic objectives.
Skills and Experience Required:
The successful applicant will be engaging, self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative, and innovative, with the ability to work to tight deadlines - both individually and as part of a team - within a fast moving and sometimes challenging environment.
You will have a commitment to advancing and disseminating best practice in our subject areas, and a passion for the development of knowledge. You will be able to work with a concept from inception through to completion and have a flair for working with content in all its forms. You will maintain an excellent knowledge of the external Compliance, AML & FCP environment and be able to deliver training solutions which meet the needs of our customers. Stakeholder management ability is increasingly a key feature as you will work directly with B2B customers.
We would be particularly keen to hear from candidates with a regulated financial services background who wish to make a switch to the training environment - having an opportunity to influence activity from the outside.
The skills required:
• Excellent organisation, communication (both written and oral) and analytical abilities
• Highly developed content creation and manipulation skills
• Hard-working, committed, with excellent prioritisation skills
• Enthusiastic self-starter with a 'can-do’ attitude
• Knowledge, understanding and experience of one or more of: compliance, money laundering, financial crime risk (particularly within the financial services industry)
• Ideally degree level educated, with completion of an ICA qualification a plus
• Previous experience of designing, developing and deploying training material is a definite advantage
• Stakeholder management (or a desire to develop in this area) is important
• Experience in the Learning & Development environment would also be beneficial.