Research and Enterprise Administrator - London University
Signature Recruitment has an exciting opportunity to join our client, a top London University as a Research and Enterprise Administrator. The successful candidate will provide support to the departments internally and externally funded research and enterprise projects, and liaise with academics.
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to understand and analyse research proposals and business plans, and be able to maintain accurate financial records. If this role sounds like if fits your skills well, apply today!
Research and Enterprise Administrator Key Responsibilities:
- Support the processes for submission to the Research Excellence Framework (REF) by liaising with relevant staff such as Faculty Research and Enterprise Managers, Directors of Research and REF-eligible staff
- Assist in the organisation of appointments, events, trips and workshops related to specific projects
- Accurately logging and storing information on the database
- Checking academic staff, logging a list of their publications
- Monitor progress of contracts and liaise with Research Services Pre-Award staff and Consultants with the completion of paperwork and generation of cost codes for awarded projects
- Feeding back the information to the faculty in spreadsheets
- Support Research managers with setting out budgets for awarded projects
- Regularly monitor expenditure on projects and update forecasting
- Generate reports for awarding institutions on project expenditure and progress on a regular basis.
- Liaise with awarders to ensure satisfactory reporting and handle enquiries
- Compile up-to-date list of research outputs and acts as Research Publications System master.
- Advise research staff on uploading outputs onto Research Councils research database.
Research and Enterprise Administrator Skills and Experience:
- Strong communication skills to liaise with academics across departments
- Experience of providing administrative support to senior staff
- Experience or understanding of university funding administration
- Experience of working in a higher education or research environment
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word and Excel - working with spreadsheets
- Strong organisational skills
If you are interested in this position and have the relevant skills, apply today!
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, occasionally due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application may not have been successful this time but we will keep your details on file and may contact you with future opportunities.
- communication skills
- project management
- higher education
- research administration
- university research
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'