SALARY: £22,000 PER YEAR + BONUS
POSITION: FULL TIME/PERMANENT
YEARS OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE: 1+ YEARS
We are on the lookout for someone enthusiastic with technical ability and a clear passion for problem solving, to join our growing Development team, based at our Head Office in Bridgend.
The Development Team is an integral part of the company that works closely with all other departments in the business and is responsible for creating internal programs & web services, database analysis, as well as creating training material used by the various teams to achieve their goals.
You will be responsible for assisting in the development of various projects and tasks; therefore, experience in a technical role is required and a background in programming & an understanding of relational database languages, such as SQL or MySQL is considered essential.
Whilst we are interested in your existing knowledge, we also value continued learning and we can support this in a number of ways. We will teach you about our industry leading products and solutions, and will provide training opportunities to improve upon your knowledge and expertise.
To join our Development Team, relevant experience is important, but we do not expect you to know everything. Before applying, please consider whether you have the required skill-set to support a variety of systems.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Working on projects of varying technical complexity and working within tight and demanding timescales
- Assisting in the development of various project & tasks assigned by the Organisational Development Manager
- Basic web development or modifications of internal systems
- Querying datasets from SQL
- Collaborating with various departments to achieve development goals
- Defect testing & Issue tracking of existing and newly developed systems
- Writing training manuals for products, systems and processes
- Self-manage timescales & resources to achieve business objectives set by the Organisational Development Manager
- Utilising RockIT’s internal systems to prioritise work and maximise development process to achieve objectives set by the Organisational Development Manager
- Typical career progression at RockIT is within 12 months.
BENEFITS TO SHOUT ABOUT
- Typical career progression at RockIT is within 6-12 months.
- Annual attendance incentive
- Increased annual leave allowance for each year of service
- Eligible for yearly bonus & annual pay rise
- Company pension
- Full training provided
- Weekly incentives, treats and outings
- Huge opportunities to progress
- Recreational games area
- Free on-site car parking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job