Research and Development Engineer
- Competitive Salary to £42k + package
World class manufacturer to the motorsport and Automotive world are looking for an experienced research and development engineer ro:
- Undertake validation testing of new transmission designs and updates to existing designs.
- Provide engineering support to the Design Office and Advanced Engineering Group.
- Support transmission manufacture by assisting end-of-line testing.
- Assist with the day-to-day running of the R&D department, including test scheduling and manufacture support.
- Management of all elements and phases of transmission development projects, including rig testing, tooling design, test design and documentation, vehicle integration, and vehicle testing.
- Planning and managing "First Build" validation testing on new products.
- Produce full and accurate test specifications through liaison with customers or in-house design engineers.
- Identify tooling requirements for testing and producing detailed drawings for parts using Siemens NX CAD.
- Identify and specify sensor and data-logging requirements for testing and arrange purchases as necessary.
- Support product delivery through the company project management systems.
- Communicate test requirements to R&D technicians and support testing.
- Run R&D test rigs when necessary, including end of line build quality assurance.
- Analyse test data using laboratory & motorsport data-logging software.
- Provide clear and detailed reports of testing conducted.
- Methodically undertake condition assessments of gearboxes returned to the company to support product development.
- Support customer race, test or dyno events in the UK or abroad.
- Assist in the expansion of the department capacity, including new hardware.
Minimum of a 2.1 Bachelor degree in an engineering related discipline.
Good knowledge of vehicle and transmission systems.
Good understanding of data logging concepts.
Knowledge of oil systems and the fundamentals of vehicle differential behaviour.
Basic material testing knowledge.
At least 2-years’ experience in an engineering environment.
Engineering track side experience.
Basic manufacturing knowledge.
Basic electronics and electrical experience, such as microcontrollers, PLC, etc.
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"