The role is part of the Global Research Risk Control team in Belfast. The Research Risk Control teams mandate is to support the Risk Management function across all aspects of Research Risk Management globally.
- The role will provide exposure to staff at all levels of the business and significant insight into business structure, strategy and management of CR.
- The individual in this role is expected to develop a thorough understanding of the business and the current and prospective regulatory environment.
- Produce & deliver daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual statistical reports that involve data manipulation, matching and data input to a high degree of accuracy.
- Data matching and maintenance, data analysis, investigation and communication with individuals in CR globally with a view to maintaining and testing the control environment.
- Maintenance and further development of internal team key controls including reconciliations, variance analysis and mapping reviews.
- Check and ensure that procedures adequately cover rules and regulations.
- Ongoing review and development of current processes to increase efficiency.
- Liaise with multiple departments globally (including Compliance & Control, Legal and Technology) to resolve issues.
- Develop and perform analysis of various reporting elements to explain the story behind the reported numbers.
- Develop an understanding of and help to ensure compliance with company requirements around Information Security, Fraud Management, Supplier Risk Management, Record Management and EUC Management.
- Ensure compliance with applicable policies, in particular with Information Security, Data Privacy, Records Management and EUC Management.
- Execute monthly MCA tests.
- Manage Corrective Action Plans - Investigate the impact of any control/process issues discovered, facilitate creation and ownership of Corrective Action Plans and ensure tracking to resolution.
- Support Internal Audit and Business Monitoring reviews.
- Complete additionally any other tasks in connection with the role but not detailed in the current job description, charged by the direct manager, supervisor, or the functional head.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Solid Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to quickly develop advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Access (or other database front end query applications) and the ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Successful candidate needs to be a very well organized person, able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively coordinate them with the team.
- Very good communication skills, including communication with senior managers.
- Analytical skills, including identification and classification of risks.
- Work experience in Risk / Control/ Audit function desirable but not necessary.
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel)
- Detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects
- High level of analytical skills and problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks within tight deadlines
- Enthusiastic team player
- Strong planning & organisational skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Should be creative, proactive and flexible
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to summarize findings and present in a clear concise manner to peers, direct and senior level management.
- Ability to quickly assimilate and analyse large amounts of information.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks, escalate or voice concerns or questions and exhibit strong people skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks, work well as part of a team, and exhibit strong people and influencing skills.
- Strong attention to detail, willingness to "roll up sleeves" and produce a polished, high quality, accurate product; tireless work ethic with ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to contribute, support, and lead efforts to achieve department/ business unit goals, up to and including recommendations to changes in procedures resulting from review findings and quality assurance review of analyst case work.
- Organizational savviness with ability to expand internal network across functions and various levels of seniority.
- A self-starter who proactively seeks to improve existing controls and streamline processes both from a tactical short term viewpoint, and also from a strategic long term perspective, and implement these initiatives to completion.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"