For the past 40 years, Wood Mackenzie has established its reputation as a trusted source of intelligence, enriching lives by empowering clients with unique insight on the world’s natural resources.
Now, as part of the Verisk Analytics family, that legacy is even stronger. Aligning with the world’s leading data analytics company extends our ability to help clients overcome the toughest challenges with our unrivalled analysis and advice.
We will continue to build on the power of our existing approach to assess and value individual assets and companies, allowing our clients to pursue the most promising opportunities.
Together, we inspire and innovate the markets we serve - providing invaluable intelligence that informs the strategic decisions that will ultimately shape the future direction of our global natural resources.
PCI Wood Mackenzie (Chemicals, Polymers and Fibres) provides integrated subscription research and consultancy services for the chemicals, fibres, films, and plastics sectors. We provide insight combined with proprietary data, helping companies identify trends and take advantage of commercial opportunities.
Wood Mackenzie is extending its research in the fibres industry to compliment many existing research areas and help complete a fully integrated view. The research team is building and deriving insight for clients, based on extensive real contacts in the field, and delivered for example, as regular market updates, supply/demand models, trade analysis, production cost models and price forecast tools.
The Research Analyst; Fibres will be the contact for the Fibres segment in the European region EMEARC (Europe, Middle East, Africa, Russia and Caspian). He/she will produce copy (news and insight) on the European fibres markets, for use in monthly research reports, in single-client consultancy work and one-off multi-client reports. The Analyst will be responsible for developing key client and industry relationships in order to grow and develop the PCI-WM Fibres business in the Europe.
• Secure and maintain key client contacts and help support client decisions.
• Develop market contacts in the key segments (not only at clients), and use all contacts for regular updates of news and trends, and thereby provide timely market insight as a basis for monthly reports and consultancy work.
• Gather and incorporate market intelligence and liaise with colleagues across the regions to align data for the PCI Global Supply / Demand Review (The Red Book).
• Respond to internal and external customer enquiries regarding the analysis provided in research materials.
• Conduct support activities for Consultancy and Single Client Study engagements (look for, secure, and contribute to consulting projects as part of a team).
• Identify themes / topics which could be of interest to publish as special reports, published as a one-off, or updated on an irregular basis.
• Prepare and deliver fibres market update presentations at targeted conferences with a view to generating and supporting new business.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
• University degree in economics, statistics, engineering, chemistry, mathematics or other relevant discipline.
• Experience in the fibres industry and a structured knowledge of textile and fibre supply chains (how the industry operates).
• Relevant industry experience in polyester and nylon. Experience of other fibres types (e.g. cotton, polypropylene, acrylic, viscose and spandex) would also be welcomed.
• Knowledge of the key downstream fibre end-use applications (esp. apparel and industrial).
• Strong motivational skills, with the ability to gain credibility quickly and inspire others, also outside PCI-WM and inside client companies, with sufficient gravitas to attract attention and respect. Strong numeracy, logic skills and analytical approach.
• The ability to work collaboratively on teams involving multiple locations and time zones. Willingness to travel to client offices and other Wood Mackenzie offices around the world.
• Strong Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint skills, with aptitude and desire to learn and apply latest analytical techniques using these and other software platforms.
• Mastery of English communication skills, both written and oral; ability to effectively communicate key concepts and trends (both internal and external)
• Client focused
• Excellent communication skills to present analysis and ideas
• Assertive and Influential
• Building and Maintaining Relationships
• Efficiency focused
• Issue identification, problem solving and analysis
• Planning, implementation and control
- Data Analysis