Lead Systems & Requirements Engineer - Design of Autonomous/ Driverless Vehicles/ CAV
Senior role in a well funded start up team delivering game changing autonomous / driverless
vehicle tech - great opportunity to get out of defence and into autonomous vehicle tech.
You need excellent knowledge and experience of Systems & Requirement Engineering.
As Owner of Requirements, You will lead systems and requirements capture and definition for complex software, electronics, mechanical, electro-mechanical and vehicle subsystems for autonomous driving platforms. The role will also ensure customer specifications are validated using the correct methods through to verification of the requirements.
This role offers excellent opportunity to get into CAV, great worklife balance and it also offers flexibility in working remotely or onsite when needed. This is start up Dev Environment - so collaboration & team work is critical
- System requirement definition and sub system de-composition.
- SYSTEMS ENGINEERING PROCESSESSusing the V Model for requirement capturing/ setting, requirements definition & development of tech spec
- Ensuring the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Undertaking technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk and supportability and effectiveness analyses at all levels of total system "product" to include: concept, design and testing.
- Verify system design using DFMEA &/ FTA - detect potential design failures of parts before they make an impact on end users &/ investigate the failure and make a diagnosis.
- Prep of documentation with the end goal of system qualification and product certification.
- Performing integration and/or test of all components, ensuring electrical and physical compatibility to meet program technical, schedule and cost objectives.
- Providing concise and robust systems requirements database
- New product design, integration, testing and deployment.
- Collaborative and Cross Functional role working with design engineers, software developers, product developers, sales teams and clients/ end users.
Essential Experience & Skills
- Degree Software or Engineering - any of: Mechatronics / Electromechanical / Mechanical / Electrical / Electronic/ Robotics/ Embedded software/ Software/ IT/ Industrial Engineering
- Experience as systems engineer developing requirements in an engineering environment - requirement capture, documentation, and verification.
- Systems & Test Engineer: Design of Test Systems & Test environment & Test rigs (software / hardware), Simulation software, Hardware in the Loop/ Software in the Loop
- Validation Engineer background
- Full Product Development Lifecycle: analysis, design, development, test, validation & NPI
- Safety Requirements & Compliance
- Functional Safety including ISO26262
- KiD: Knowledge in Defence sector: standards, specifications, and compliance
- Systems Engineering Processes: ISO 15288 /SEBoK
- Requirements Software: DOORS / JIRA/ JAMA connect / AZURE DevOps or similar
- Design Verification
- Standards and Certification within the defence industry eg Def Stan 055 / 00-056
- Harsh environment experience (eg ROV, Agricultural, Mining, Defence, Space)
Please note: Essential to have relevant technical background in Systems & Requirement Engineering for NPI: - ideally with Knowledge of Defence sector.
Our client has an excellent attitude towards ongoing personal development, Training & Development. As well as making tech that is beneficial to the planet.
For more info & full job spec, please Call us, Email: or visit: clarehillassociates
- System Design
- Requirement Specifications
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'