Salary & Package: Highly Competitive Basic Salary + Industry Leading Benefits Package Including Full Relocation Allowance.
Are you looking for a new challenge? Would you like to be a part of a company that is experiencing extensive international growth? David Brown Santasalo are a global engineering business supplying bespoke engineered products and engineered solutions to some of the largest manufacturing companies and defence contractors worldwide.
David Brown Santasalo are recruiting a wide range of engineering roles across the UK and Europe and as such are looking for engineers that have experience with rotating equipment, power transmission, drive units or industrial gearboxes.
With a UK based Head Office, David Brown Santasalo has been trading for over 120 years and has over 1000 staff members worldwide working across 25 global sites. There are seven manufacturing facilities, one situated on every continent. The company focuses on industrial gearboxes, power transmission, rotating equipment and drive units supplying every major sector. The company is going through sustained growth and offers an excellent career opportunity to help drive this organic growth across the world.
Acting under the direction of the Lead Requirements Engineer, to work flexibly within the Engineering team on the assigned gearbox requirements engineering planning, definition and management activities including generation and control of technical specifications. The scope of the Requirements Engineering task will include specification of transmission and other supporting sub systems and equipment such as couplings, bearings, instrumentation, lubrication systems and test equipment for example.
Tasks will include definition of the detail processes to be utilised for the requirements capture and generation of technical requirements, documents and specifications. These processes will be included in the Engineering Management Plan.
Working closely with and alongside Client Engineering staff, a primary deliverable of the role is the development of the detailed transmission system requirements specification to be used as the baseline input for design and subsequent validation activities. Benchmarking requirements study work will be required in support.
Effective communication, resource and technical negotiation skills will be essential, to ensure that the best outcome is achieved. Careful management and control of requirements, requirement changes and scope 'creep’ will be a critical responsibility. Close liaison with Project Management and the Client will therefore be key.
You will be responsible for:
- Requirements definition and capture for geared transmission systems and associated sub-systems & components.
- Requirements planning and control.
- Requirements definition for test equipment and procedures for gearboxes and associated sub-systems & components.
- Interpretation and comprehension of customer requirements.
- Technical discussion, negotiation and presentation of requirements to client under direction of Lead Requirements Engineer.
- Manage assigned requirements scope and control scope 'creep'.
- Liaise with Commercial functions in regard to scope changes and their implications to cost and schedule.
- At least 3 years in a relevant systems engineering/requirements management role. ideally in a custom mechanical product engineering environment.
- Understanding of product requirements capture and control methods.
- General knowledge of mechanical power transmissions techniques.
- General/outline familiarity with the operating systems of an engineering business.
- Commercially aware - understand role of engineering requirements and their impact to project success.
- Relevant software literate, e.g. DOORS.
Preferred, (but not essential) Requirements:
- Involved with heavy automotive transmissions or similar machinery, ideally in the defence sector.
- Good understanding of systems engineering and requirements management approaches.
- Practical experience of industry standard requirements management software tools such as DOORS.
- Engineering knowledge of sector relevant requirements and specifications.
- Confident to present to customers and company management at senior level during for example, design, requirements and programme reviews.
- Familiarity with defence industry working level data control and security requirements.
Your new role at David Brown Santasalo will offer a range of opportunities for European travel along with a competitive salary and benefits package. If you fit the criteria and are interested in applying for this position then please click apply.
Innova Search are acting as a retained recruitment partner for this vacancy. Speculative applications from either agency or candidate directly to the company will not be accepted.
- Power Transmission
- Systems Engineering
- Product Requirements
- Requirements Management
- System Requirements
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job