SEN Teaching Assistant Required
I am seeking an experienced Teaching Assistant to support the Leadership Team at a Special Education Needs School in the Blackley Area.
This school holds Specialist School Status in SEN, and provides support for pupils with moderate and complex special educational needs. There are 130 pupils split across Sensory and Complex classes, as well as more traditional Key Stage 3, 4 and 5 groupings.
I am looking for an individual to support the students both in an academic setting and across a plethora of extra curricular activities, including lunch clubs, sports clubs, cultural awareness and open futures. The Sensory and Complex classes offer a more experimental approach to learning, adapting to the complex and varied needs of the pupils.
- Providing support to small classes of pupils aged 11-19, and 1:1 support where required
- Work closely with the teacher and wider leadership team to aid in planning and delivering engaging lessons
- Support pupils in various lunch time and extra curricular activities
- Contribute to a supportive and constructive learning environment, that is both consistent and specific to each pupil
- Assisting with personal care of pupils
If you would like to apply for this position, please email across a CV to or give me a call on .