The primary responsibility for this position is to provide HR administrative support to HR colleagues and employees. The focus is provision of an excellent day to day telephony and administration support ensuring client satisfaction of the day to day HR service.
- Supports HR colleagues on change initiatives
- Is helpful and supportive to HR team and business
- Recognised as providing accurate and timely good-quality service
- Meets agreed service delivery standards
- Able to operate with minimal supervision on day to day processes
- Identifies process improvements to Team Leader
- Continually develops knowledge/skills within role
• Provide first line support for all routine HR employee enquiries.
• Provide general administrative assistance as required.
• Production and despatch in a timely manner of all employee correspondence in respect of any contractual changes, probations, sales/commission payments, employee referrals, annual salary reviews, maternity/paternity leave requests and any other correspondence as required.
• Respond to general external enquiries, (ie. references, mortgage / tenancy requests) as required, forwarding to HR Central Services for completion within 24 hours of receipt.
• Submission of incoming invoices for payment on receipt to Accounts Payable for processing.
• Assist in set up of new employee file in accordance with audit and regulatory requirements ensuring this is sent to the UK Personnel Records Office for filing in a timely manner.
• Complete employee inductions as required in a timely manner.
• Manage work placement intakes across the business working with managers where appropriate.
Off-Boarding • Complete full off-boarding process and submit relevant paperwork as required.
• Conduct employee exit interviews for leavers as required.
• Update employee files in accordance with audit and regulatory requirements ensuring these are updated in a timely manner.
Payroll / PS Admin • Preparation & submission of all Payroll, PeopleSoft & Employee Self Service system changes to HR Central Services in a timely manner ensuring accuracy and appropriate sign off of all documentation.
• Ensuring a full audit trail is maintained of all data being processed for Payroll / PeopleSoft.
• Ensure that data held and maintained on PeopleSoft is correct.
• Provide ad hoc reports as requested.
• Responsible for all maternity/paternity/special leave of absence cases.
• Assist with sickness and long term disability cases as required.
• Support the HRBP/HR Advisor with Flexible Working requests.
• Minute taking, letter drafting and production of supporting documentation to support employment relations cases.
Project Related Assistance
• Assist with all internal and external audits as required.
• Assist with HR project initiatives as requiredQualifications
Skills and Behaviours
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks in a pressurised environment.
• Experience of working to tight deadlines with a strong results focus.
• Strong attention to detail coupled with a high level of accuracy.
• An enthusiastic team player who actively contributes in a flexible and adaptable manner.
• The ability to communicate professionally at all levels both verbally and in writing.
• Experience of working in a customer service environment with strong client orientation skills.
• Proven experience in MS Office products, knowledge of PeopleSoft HR system would be advantageous.
• Builds rapport and co-operative relationships with clients.
• Takes accountability and ownership to get things done.
• Works collaboratively with colleagues to provide support and build best practice processes to deliver service excellence.
• Considers how processes can be improved to enhance service provision and makes recommendations.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: careers.
Human Resources is invested in helping BNY Mellon achieve business success by building a winning, high-performance culture that stems from great talent, leadership, learning and diversity; and partnering with employees to provide the tools and resources necessary to support successful career growth and help ensure employees' wellbeing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Human Resources
Internal Jobcode: 75041
Organization: HR Solutions Center-HR06284
Requisition Number: 1801573