Reporting Scientist - Forensic (Drug and Alcohol)
£28,000+, negotiable, 25 days annual leave, pension, some flexible working
We are seeking a Reporting Scientist with experience in Drug and Alcohol testing/reporting to join a company that offers a full range of forensic services throughout the UK. In summary you’ll analyse materials for the presence of controlled substances or to determine the level of alcohol in blood and urine samples and then report the findings to courts and tribunals.
Main duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Manage your own resources and case load.
- Determine the necessary forensic examination requirements.
- Perform the technical analysis of samples.
- Assign meaningful conclusions to the findings and prepare written reports for forensic submission.
- Provide expert evidence to courts.
You’ll be a highly motivated individual who approaches work with a positive attitude - able to work on your own initiative with exceptional attention to detail. You’ll have a high level of integrity with a strong work ethic and commitment.
Essential for the role:
- A scientific or related degree.
- Considerable previous experience in the forensic reporting of drugs is essential.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to analyse materials for controlled substances, or to determine the level of alcohol in blood and urine samples, by using analytical techniques including IR, GC-MS, HPLC and GC-FID.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including well developed reporting and presentation skills.
- Problem solving skills and an ability to deal with complexity coupled with managing a high workload.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong IT capability with an ability to analyse data and formulate decisions accordingly.
- Analytical thinking, including planning and scheduling.
- Ability to deal with conflict through to resolution.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the forensic reporting of alcohol is desirable.
- Prior experience as a court-going reporting scientist would be advantageous.
To apply for the Reporting Scientist role:
Cover notes supporting your application are welcomed. On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.
- Forensic Analysis
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"