This superb company is one of the UK’s leading household names in Financial Services & Insurance, however, more importantly they have one of the best working cultures we know, they offer flexible/agile working and provide a great working atmosphere so they very much sell themselves.
This position is to manage & lead the production of Group Management Information and continual improvement of performance metrics and processes.
Manage and participate in the production of Group MI reports from the Board and Exec packs for the group’s largest operating entity, to monthly dashboards, sales reports and various other ad-hoc reports, working closely with the Group Performance Analysts.
Proactively seek opportunities to improve the quality and content of the reports and react quickly to requests for changes or additional analysis.
Provide guidance and support to the Group Performance Analysts on the data and presentational aspects of MI Production, including collection and consolidation of various inputs and preparation of data tables, mainly through the Group Performance reporting tool.
Together with the Group Performance Analysts, collaborate with divisional business partners and other finance teams to ensure submissions are accurate and are received on a timely basis.
Proactively drive forward the development of processes to improve the quality, speed and usefulness of metrics and forecasts and ensure Group approved metrics are fully embedded within the organisation through regular and comprehensive use in business plans, forecasts and MI reports.
Provide business planning, ensuring alignment between strategy and performance.
Support the Group-wide planning process. Critically review and, where appropriate, challenge divisional plans and assist with preparing the Group Business Plan document. Ensure strategic issues and relevant analyses are brought to the attention of senior stakeholders on a timely basis, and seek to bring solutions / propositions that add value to the Group. Understand the competitor and market environment, the changes happening within them and the impact these would have on internal strategies, plans and targets.
Provide guidance and support to the Group Performance Analysts, assisting with the development of templates and the collection, review and consolidation of submissions.
Assist with the Group Performance aspects of the Group’s external reporting, working closely with other members of the Group Performance team as well as divisional teams. Verify data presented in external results presentations against robust internal data sources to ensure all data is presented accurately.
Support the maintenance and help to improve and develop the Group reporting model, the Plan model and the verification model. Be available to answer any queries from the divisions and provide training where required.
Across divisions and Group teams (including tax, treasury and capital management), develop strong working relationships with finance managers and their teams to enable efficient and effective plans, financial projections and regular performance metrics to be developed.
Skills & Attributes:
- Highly numerate and analytical with a commercial mindset. The ability to undertake financial analysis and evaluation and to interpret data in order to understand the underlying performance of the business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication especially given the interaction within this role with the Group CEO, CFO and other senior stakeholders so ideal candidates would have experience of preparation of Group board material.
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills, with experience of preparing and presenting financial information for a senior audience. Experience of using Anaplan is an advantage but isn’t essential.
- Disciplined time management and the ability to constructively challenge and influence others to achieve desired outcomes within deadlines.
- Ability to deliver continuing improvements to both processes and outputs.
- An eye for accuracy to ensure quality outputs.
- Along with the above experience recent ACA, CIMA or equivalent qualification would be ideal (Not essential) either from an Accountancy or Actuary perspective.
- Relevant Finance Services or Insurance industry experience is preferred
This role offers superb scope to improve the FP&A & Reporting for this major Financial Services & Insurance business. You will lead and take part in the analysis and have the opportunity to present reports & analysis to senior stakeholders in the business.
Interested Candidates need to apply now and should expect initial feedback on their application within 72 hours.