Purpose of the role
To provide support and assistance to the Head of Financial Projects in external financial reporting projects, both as part of the annual financial reporting cycle and in addressing future developments. Also to contribute to other finance projects, and to the overall delivery of the Finance team objectives.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support the Head of Finance Projects in the preparation of financial reports, including Pillar III disclosures and Annual and Interim Financial Reports
- Provide support for Group year-end reporting processes
- Participate in projects to address new accounting standards and other reporting requirements
- Participate in Group projects which impact on the Finance team
- Provide technical support to other members of the team on accounting and reporting matters
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- To be flexible and able to adapt within a changing environment
- Be able to prioritise tasks and meet challenging deadlines
Qualifications and experience
Educated to degree level with a minimum 2:1 classification.
Professional accounting qualification (ICAEW, ACCA or similar)
Experience in PLC reporting (or similar), preferably in the financial services sector.
- Accounting Standards
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Services
- Financial Projects