Office Depot has an opportunity for a Reporting Analyst to join the team based in Leicester. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary plus excellent benefits scheme, generous holidays and free onsite parking.
We are Office Depot. We provide business supplies and services to help our customers work better - whatever their workplace. We are a single source for everything customers need to be more productive, including the latest technology, core office supplies, print and document services, business services, facilities products, furniture, and school essentials.
Office Depot operates in thirteen countries through its two main brands Office Depot and Viking, with retail stores in France and Sweden.
Are you an experienced data management professional, who has experience with analysis, design and development? The teams at Office Depot value collaboration and professional growth and we believe in developing our people to be expert technologist’s leaders in the big data space.
Our current reporting capabilities are underpinned by a suite of standalone SQL databases. As the data from disparate systems become centralised within our Hadoop cluster, our Reporting Analyst will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and support of the current suite of SQL DB’s whilst developing a migration program so that reporting and the application data feeds from current suite of DB’s will be underpinned from Hadoop. In addition the role will lead the effort to develop and enhance the ongoing reporting capabilities for the Supply Chain community.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Reporting Analyst:
- Consult, lead, and perform analysis and design of large, complex applications, and business processes, re-engineering processes where required to support Supply Reporting initiatives
- Technical support, troubleshooting, and issue resolution of Supply Chain reporting databases
- Develop and implement ETL programs and tools to load data from disparate data sets
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain integration solutions validating report accuracy and outputs
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to determine requirements, and implement solutions for data analysis and reporting
- Design and develop visualizations using Zoho, Tableau, and Excel
- Provide information, feedback and mentorship to support technology-related decision making
- Lead the effort develop robust self-service reporting capabilities which can be access by the wider business community
- Drive the development of innovations and improvements for Supply Chain reporting and analytics
- Apply your skills to scoping and proposing system and process changes to deliver enhanced insights and reporting capabilities within the Supply Chain whilst providing the management and lead to develop and deliver the requirements
- Provide insights at request or at own initiative regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and analyses, to enable the management team and other stakeholders to make timely decisions and determine or adjust strategy
Skills and experience of our Reporting Analyst:
- At least 5 years’ experience with database technology, including, ETL, BI / Data warehousing, SQL programming
- Must have comprehensive SQL Server DBA experience and detailed understanding of scheduled tasks, database architecture, new and existing tables/views and general user administration
- Must have detailed SQL knowledge with capability to build ETL process quickly and effectively
- Resourceful and have a good capacity to quickly understand requirements and provide support, data and solutions to suit
- Strong fundamental programming skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of Microsoft products with strong VBA programming understanding and skills preferred
- Experience with visualization and analysis tools, such as Qlickview,Tableau,Zoho and Excel
- Experience of Hadoop and Talend preferred
- Good process management, planning and prioritizing skills
- Listening attitude with ability to ask right questions
- Experience of successfully managing stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to provide alternative solutions to technical problems
- A strong communicator, you will be able to engage others at all levels of the business and IT community
- Creative thinker, capable of finding solutions to problems quickly
- Business acumen with a focus on providing data and insight to meet internal customer requirement
If you feel that you have the skills and experience required to become our Reporting Analyst, please click ‘Apply’ today – we’d love to hear from you!
Keywords: Leicester, Reporting Analyst
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"