The Finance team have an exciting opportunity to be an Reporting Accountant. You will be responsible for providing accounting support to the Financial Control Team (Accounts Payable, Receivable, Sales and Banking) and supporting the Head of Financial Control. In addition you will support the Director of Finance and the Head of Corporate Governance and Internal Audit with regular reporting requirements, both internally and externally.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of a robust daily cash flow model
- Responsible for the monthly reporting to the senior lenders to include a consolidated P&L and balance Sheet
- Responsible for identifying the requirement for and developing a suite of reports to show performance against KPI's for the accounts payable and accounts receivable teams to include debtor/creditor days reporting and associated KPI's
- Responsible for identifying the requirement for and developing a suite of reports to show performance against KPI's for the cash receipts area controlled by the sales and banking team with special emphasis on loss prevention
- Provide ad hoc reporting to the head of corporate governance and internal audit to further assist with loss prevention
- Responsible for payment practices reporting via the HMRC portal
- Ensure that all month end outputs from financial control required by the other teams are prepared under standard accounting practices and completed accurately and to deadline
- Assisting the team with more complex journal postings
- Assist with month end closures as and when required
- Training and mentoring administrative staff in standard accounting practices
- Support the financial control culture by identifying improvements or change
- Identify, test, implement and document improvements and enhancements to existing processes
- Provide support to the head of financial control on ad-hoc projects as and required
- Support the development of an internal control framework to ensure data accuracy and integrity
- Qualified Accountant Chartered or CIMA
- Actively continuing your own self –development (including full product knowledge) and continuously building skills as a business person and a leader
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviours and attributes and excellent stakeholder engagement
- Eye for detail
- Ability to work in high pressure environment
- Able to multi-task, manage several deliverables simultaneously
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience of high volume processing
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to make timely and rational decisions based on relevant information and experience
- Experienced in multi-site retailer (desirable)
- Experience of banking software (desirable)
- Knowledge of banking practices (desirable)
- Experience of working in a senior treasury role (desirable)
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'