Anchor is England's largest not-for-profit provider of housing and care for older people, employing almost 9,000 capable, caring and committed colleagues. Our insight and reputation is built on almost 50 years' experience. During this time Anchor has grown to provide housing and care services to almost 40,000 people at 1,000 locations across England
Repairs Surveyor - West Coast
Location - Home based with travel in Manchester and surrounding areas
Salary - Competitive
Contracted hours - 37.5 per week
Contract type - Permanent
You will have responsibility for client leadership of major repairs delivery within your defined locality. Client leadership includes performing designated client roles within the Anchor delivery process.
Reporting into the Senior Surveyor:
The Repairs Surveyor is responsible for the delivery of major repairs by adopting Anchor standard delivery process including timely completion of:
- An agreed technical specification and compliance requirements for all major repairs identified in the designated areas and agreed timelines for delivery of the repair within defined standards.
- Communicating and unavoidable changes immediately to the contractor and internal departments.
- Overall responsibility for delivery of all allocated major repairs on time, within budget and cashflow targets.
- Responsible for liaison with Anchor commercial team, contractor and suppliers during design and costing of repairs including sign off of final brief, target costs and issue of purchase order
- Be accountable for devolving responsibility to the contractor
- Understand performance, provide feedback and addressing robustly poor performance.
- Working collaboratively with the contractor and other key stakeholders
- Management of the financial process including final sign off
- Managing all aspects of communications with operational colleagues for all major repairs including direct liaison& devolving responsibility to contractor
- Acting as CDM co-ordinator on all relevant projects
- Undertaking Stock Condition surveys
Required knowledge & experience:-
- Working knowledge of relevant current building practices and legislation including Health & Safety at Work Act, Building Regulations, Party Wall Act, Workplace Regulations, CDM and British and European Standards
- Background in Building, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with prior experience of repairs delivery
- Project budgetary management experience across multiple projects/contracts
- Practical knowledge of management of CDM projects across a variety of work types
- Practical knowledge of major repairs delivery.
- Provide effective, robust performance management of suppliers and contractors.
- Teamwork and contractor management experience
- Previous building surveyor experience
- Prior project management experience working on major repairs
- Collaboration with contractor and supplier teams
- Working experience in the care and rented / leasehold housing sector - desirable
- Undertaking Stock Condition Surveys
- Ability to prepare scale drawings, produce specifications and schedules of work
- Ability to use own initiative when managing varied & broad workload, and to be proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to learn quickly and adopt best practice
- Ability to take ownership of issues and drive through to conclusion
- Flexible, co-operative approach and ability to work in a team
- Project & programme management
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Taking the initiative to work out what they need to do. Take responsibility for delivering improvement results
- Focussing on finding and removing barriers to improvement
- Delivering improvement solutions with the contractor and enabling the contractor to make fast decisions
- Knowledge of IT packages/applications to produce programmes reports, specifications and presentations containing complex data and information
Generous benefits include 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, contributory pension scheme (6% employer contribution, 3.75% employee contribution), optional 25% discounted private health cover, Life Assurance, discounted retail and child care vouchers and the ability to buy and sell annual leave entitlement
To apply, please send an up to date CV.
Please note the application close date may change if we receive high volume of applications.