Positive Employment is currently recruiting for a Repairs Supervisor to work for our client based in Kensington and surrounding areas.
The successful candidate will lead the team to deliver high standards of work quality and efficient use of materials responsive repairs, planned and voids within the housing repairs department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure daily work targets are achieved and assisting in the efficient and effective management of materials and resources to deliver the repairs service.
- Provide in depth construction and trade-based information and support to trade operatives and any other relevant staff.
- Review progress and respond to issues that arise to prevent delays. This includes ensuring all materials and impressed stocks are in place and access equipment is available and fit for purpose.
- Liaise with other supervisors and Housing Response to monitor delivery and make any necessary adjustments between teams to ensure optimum utilisation of staff to meeting service requirements.
- Integrated working with the planning function to maximize efficient deployment of operatives and use of technology to support this.
- Carry out pre and post inspections as appropriate, and multi-trade input is co-ordinated to provide a seamless end to end service.
- Ensure that the quality of work undertaken by the in-house team and contractors meets the required technical standards and specifications.
- To promote a positive H&S culture, taking a lead role on health and safety matters for the repairs section, and ensure that all managers and staff are equipped to discharge health and safety responsibilities with appropriate arrangements in place for each team.
- Attend meetings, presentations, and exhibitions for residents. This will require working outside normal working hours and at evenings and at various locations throughout the borough.
- Attend any training as required by your supervisor/ manager
Skills and Requirements:
- 3 years work reference
- Working knowledge of relevant COSHH and HSE legislation.
- A valid licence to drive in the UK
- Have a good understand construction drawings and specifications.
- Have a good understanding of building regulations and compliance.
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of the construction industry and site operations.
- Working knowledge of statutory legislation regarding health & safety and to understand the need for rigorous risk assessment and method statement procedure
- Knowledge of current developments in housing policy and customer service.
- Experience of working in social housing, local government, or customer-service environment.
- Experience of working with tenants and leaseholders whose homes are undergoing major building works.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally.
- Presentation, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to create basic spreadsheets, and update more complex ones
- Ability to do mail merges and issue communications to residents
- Shows attention to detail.
- Display a flexible approach to work.
- Shows initiative in proposing service improvements.
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent written and verbal communication skills
- Trade qualification NVQ 2 level or equivalent
Working Hours: 07:30 - 16:00
This is a Temporary role but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered
- Risk Assessment
- Social Housing
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'