Reports to: Service Supervisor.
Full time - Permanent.
The rental technician is responsible for the preparation, installation and maintenance of specialist medical devices / equipment, following customer purchase/rental agreements in the community and acute environments.
* Installation, maintenance and removal of medical and / or devices equipment, working to daily, weekly and monthly planned installation / maintenance plans.
* Decontamination of medical devices upon return from customer sites.
* Carry out electrical safety testing and diagnostic assessments on all electrical equipment.
* Deliver / collect medical equipment / devices in line with customer contract.
* Provide technical information, advice, and assistance regarding medical devices / equipment during installation and after to maintain customer relationships.
* Service existing installations to agreed standards, providing advice and guidance on appropriate use of the equipment, cleaning methods to assist performance of equipment / devices.
* Adapt established procedures, and develop new solutions to solve technical problems that arise in installations and maintenance of medical devices and equipment.
* Use company systems to maintain up-to-date customer records; track enquiries, access information, checklists, guidelines and other materials for assisting customer's enquiry.
* Coach less experienced service technicians to help them respond to installations / maintenance enquiries accurately and promptly.
* Manage the stock to meet business needs and demands, ensuring goods are stored correctly and safely and space is used efficiently.
* Assist the business to analyse customer enquiries to identify recurring problems, recommend solutions, and to identify areas where service can be improved.
* Assist with the development of problem solving guidelines, checklists, or other materials to assist technicians to respond to enquiries that are recurring or routine.
* Provide an out of hours on call service via rota 7-day shift pattern which will involve unsociable hours.
* Flexible attitude to work additional hours to ensure company and customer deadlines / demands are met.
* Work in a safe manner (aware of own and others) and have a proactive approach to all Health & Safety and environmental issues.
* Adapt / adopt new methods of working and/or new technology the Company introduces and undergo training as the Company directs.
Key skills - essential:
* Previous experience in a maintenance environment.
* An awareness of health and safety in a technical environment.
* Full driving license is essential to this role (6 points max).
* Ability to communicate effectively with customers and work colleagues.
* The ability to work quickly (safely) and methodically.
* Good team working skills the ability to concentrate while doing repetitive tasks.
* Be self-motivated and work under pressure in a dynamic and changing environment.
* Good IT skills.
* Flexible approach to working conditions and working environment change.
Key skills - desirable:
* Previous experience in a care or hospital environment.
* Previous experience in a mechanical or electrical environment.
* Knowledge of UDI / Barcoding and other traceability systems.
Hours: 40 hours per week, shift pattern 10.00 to 18.30 Mon to Fri.
On Call Rota: One in every four - £100 per week.
Holidays: 20 plus bank holidays.
To apply, please send your CV to TODAY
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
- Service Technician
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"