A Manchester based business who are leaders in complex ultrasonic intstrumentation are looking for a Repair Technician to join the team based on the below job specification.
To diagnose & repair faults with customer returned equipment in a cost effective, timely & efficient manner in line with Health & Safety guidelines and with consideration for FIFO working and priority customers.
To readily identify items beyond economical repair (BER) in order to minimise waste in terms of NVA time and cost.
- Test and analyse items returned from customer for repair.
- Fault find/repair electronic, electro-mechanical & PCB’s at component level ensuring equipment and test at latest revision specification.
- Identify trends in products returns/ faults and report same to manager.
- Repairs to be in line with FIFO working, targeted at <3 day TRT & work to ISO quality standards.
- Calibrate & retest products including software upgrades.
- Read & work from product manuals, schematics, circuit diagrams & technical assembly drawings.
- Produce documentation, main fault reports & repair documentation.
- Log all time per job and parts used.
- Assess validity of warranty claims & action according to Company procedures to achieve personal repair targets.
- Make a positive contribution to continuous improvement activities within the team.
- Pro actively ensure personal knowledge is up to date, including latest models.
- Assess and act on items for RTS in line with FIFO.
- Provide support to other internal departments as & when required.
- Comply with Company H&S procedures & legislation at all times
- Identify any hazards, make safe & report as per Company H&S procedures
- Ensure correct use & storage of PPE & RPE
- Any additional duties deemed appropriate which are within the job holders capabilities
- Minimum 3 years electronics repair, test & engineering experience to component level.
- Working knowledge of pressurised mechanical systems (Hydraulic)
- Strong background in electrical / electronic fault finding & repairs to component using circuit diagrams.
- Experience of using test equipment, i.e. oscilloscopes, multi-meters & logic analysers, bespoke test software
- Proficient at soldering including SMT components