What did you do as a child?
Some would go out and ride their bike, some would sit on their computer for hours on end, others would bake and feel accomplished for making beans on toast at 5 years old. (Parents handling the toaster of course).
Sounds like a great childhood - but we don't need those kids*. We need the child that would take their bike apart, that would remove every screw from their playstation and time themselves putting it back together - We need the kids that were grounded because the toaster now fires burnt bread 5 feet into the air because of their 'improvements'.
If you grew up that technically minded, the likelihood is that you went on to complete a qualification in electrical engineering, or a similar qualification with the transferable skills and knowledge base. You may have even already worked as a repair technician, which would be great for us as you will have the skills to jump straight in and make a positive difference to the team.
The day to day role, skills and experience we need to see demonstrated look a lot like this;
- The ability to repair, assemble and disassemble laptops & accessories to a high standard.
- Carry out component level repairs on PCBs to a high standard.
- Provide customer feedback via Reports / email & telephone professionally.
- Ability to achieve key targets & deadlines whist achieving high levels of quantity / quality & low re-repair rates.
- Appropriate academic and (or) vocational qualification.
- Experience in a similar position with proven qualities.
- Proven Software & Electrical systems understanding.
- Computer literacy should include, but not be limited to, Microsoft Office applications.
- Highly diligent and tenacious, able to work on own initiative.
- Robust team working / problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
In return, you will be offered;
- £9.50 - £10.13 per hour.
- Option to take on overtime to boost earnings.
- Monday to Friday 8:00am - 4:15pm working hours (No shift work.)
- Pension contribution.
- 28 days holiday (Option to take bank holidays off as holiday.)
So, if you are available and looking for a new role as a repair technician, can show competencies in the majority of the above requirements - Apply today and we will get your application processed.
*Children that rode bikes, played computers and made toast will be considered and given an equal opportunity.
Atlantic Resource has a fair and comprehensive selection procedure. It is our policy that there should be equal opportunity for, and no discrimination against applicants on the grounds of gender, race, religion or belief, nationality, colour, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marriage and civil partnership, union or non-union membership, socio-economic background or being a part-time or fixed term worker.
- Electronics Repair