They recognize that investments in both employee development and working environment drive them forward as a modern, innovative and ultimately industry leading operation
Repair and Maintenance Operative - Role Objective:
The Distribution Service Delivery team are responsible for the operation and maintenance of Company's underground water network. This includes the inspection, improvement and repair of our assets. Our team is dedicated to deliver a continuous supply of potable water to our customer's through our infrastructure. This is all underpinned by the Distribution vision statement…. 'Great people working in a safe, Proactive operation and maintenance Organisation. Delivering excellent customer service at least cost.'
The role of a Distribution Operative is to provide an effective installation, repair and maintenance service on the Company's infrastructure assets – pipes & ancillary fittings. They will seek to respond to and resolve any issue raised by a customer or member of the public. The role will involve liaison with other departments and work with our Contract Partners to delivery effective installation, repair and maintenance service.
Repair and Maintenance Operative - Key Accountabilities:
• Carry out distribution operational activities on site e.g. tracing mains and apparatus, customer warning, simple / low risk valve operations including valving for interruptions to supply.
• Undertake the full range of duties involved in delivering an effective repair and maintenance service (including cleaning), examples of which are the repair and replacement of existing water mains, laying, replacement, repair and cleaning of services (STW & private), repair and replacement of ancillary assets, valves, washouts, air valves, meters, PRVs, including compliance with all the necessary safety, statutory and regulatory standards. Duties will also include the operation of simple / low risk valves.
• Carry out a wide variety of tasks on the distribution network. Work for the Operatives is scheduled centrally and information and job details are sent via the laptop.
• Perform the duties of the role in compliance with statutory or regulatory standards, e.g. – hygiene, NRSWA (New Roads and Street Work Act) and environmental.
• Responsible for the delivery of work scheduled to him/her in accordance with the Companies service level agreements or customer service standards.
• Accountable for their own health & safety and have a duty of care to their colleagues & anyone affected by the work they do, for example general public / site personal. There is a need to exercise judgment / balance in terms of the risk / impact to our customers, the general public, and road-traffic users, relative to the activity in hand, and to ensure compliance with our statutory, regulatory and company standards at all times.
• Work safely and operate in compliance with Company's safety policies and Safe Systems of work.
• Deliver excellent customer service in accordance with the Companies policies and standards with an aim to deliver the job right first time.
• Exhibit the right behaviours and responsibilities described in the behaviours model and to support the continual improvement.
• Mentor & train new trainees as required.
Repair and Maintenance Operative - Experience:
• Significant experience / training in a similar utility based industry.
• IT Skills & computer literate.
• Experience in a problem solving role where repairs are carried out.
• Experience working in a customer facing role
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complicated technical messages in a simple way.
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to deal directly with customer in a face to face environment.
• Maintain a positive outlook at work, remain flexible and accept new ideas and change initiatives
• Problem solving skills with the ability to investigate problems and interpret findings clearly
• Ability to make decisions and assess work required to solve a problem.
• Accuracy skills to be able to record data correctly into a hand held device.
• Ability to work well as part of a team but also alone using own initiative.
• Physically fit with the ability to work outdoors in all weathers.
Repair and Maintenance Operative - Qualifications:
• Full UK Driving Licence including towing B & E
• NRSWA including Reinstatement modules
• Water SHEA or CSCS
Location: Hucknall Road, Nottinghamshire
Rate: £12.80 p/h
Duration: 6 months
If this sounds like something for you - APPLY!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'