Rental Manager Petit Forestier UK Ltd - Bristol
We are a leading refrigerated vehicle rental company, with extensive operations both in the UK and across Europe and North Africa. Our fleet ranges from small refrigerated vans to larger vans, up to tractor units and trailers.
The company provides a package that includes 5 weeks holiday plus the 8 normal bank holidays, with the opportunity to earn up to 1 week of additional holiday based on length of service within the Company. Company Car.
As a progressive company, we also offer the opportunity to gain skills through additional training.
Job Title Vehicle Rental Manager
Reporting to Depot General Manager
Summary of the role's main purpose
To be actively involved in the running of the rental desk, this will include liaising with customers, vehicle allocation and maximizing vehicle utilization.To be responsible for ensuring vehicles are legally compliant and vehicle breakdowns are attended to in an efficient manner. To provide a safe working environment and the provision of a well maintained vehicle fleet.
1.To liaise with clients, establishing their vehicle requirements and delivering great service.
2.To operate within established KPI’s, budgets & compliance criteria.
3.To liaise & assist the vehicle maintenance dept.
4.To promote & monitor a safe working environment.
Measures of Success
* Achievement of revenue targets.
* Employee Commitment Index (talkback)
* Customer Satisfaction Index
* Adherence to Customer Visit Procedure including all documentation.
Resources Available to the Job-Holder
* Annual budget
* Assigned vehicle fleet.
* Staff in line with structure
* Dedicated spare vehicles
Level of Decision-Making Authority
POWERS DEVOLVED: Decisions the jobholder can take.
·Negotiation of customer rental rate structure.
·Damage recharges up to a value of £1000.
·Vehicle allocation including F.O.C. spares.
POWERS WITHHELD: Decisions which must be referred elsewhere.
* Approval of changes to policies and procedures.
* Third party maintenance spend
* Vehicle purchasing and procurement.
* Credit Notes issue
* Nomination of repair agents
* Depot purchased orders and consumables
* Authorisation of overtime outside company guidelines
Key Leadership Behaviours
* Planning and administrating, communicating and influencing, accountability for results, commercial awareness, customer centric.
Key Technical Skills
* Operating knowledge of Kerridge System
Core Areas of Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* Commercial awareness.
* Experience in goods vehicle operation & compliance.
* Excellent negotiating skills.
* Direct sales
* Effective verbal and written skills, coupled with strong decision making and problem solving skills.
* Self-motivated and organised.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Adaptable and flexible.
* Current UK Driving Licence.
* Knowledge of Transportation and Logistics industry.
* Strong PC literacy.
* Understanding of vehicle maintenance
- Vehicle Maintenance