An exciting oppportunity for a Senior Finance Officer to join an award-winning Housing Association based in Oxfordshire to cover the accounting of income from rent on a temporary to permanent basis.
Duties involve (but are not limited to):
* Maintain the integrity, completeness and effectiveness of the rent ledger, within Open Housing, to include raising of weekly charges, through the debit process, posting rent related entries into the Sun financial system
* Reconcile changes in the weekly debit, and provide authorised supporting documentation for the changes
* Participate in the annual process of rent and service charge setting, including uploading charges into Open Housing and notifying Housing Benefit authorities of the updated charges
* Identify instances where Housing Benefit payments are less than the amount we expect, understanding the difference and pass that information to our Housing team so that the underlying issue can be resolved
* Provide good customer service to all internal and external customers of the financial function, building and maintaining excellent relationships with the members of our Housing team
* Ensure that all transactions are processed on a timely basis and produce accurate reporting upon the detail and the balances of what we are owed by our housing customers, highlighting significant increases, decreases or variations from expected balances
* Identify where we can make improvements to systems and processes to improve team performance, and recommend changes, actively driving the implementation of improvements
* Extract and produce meaningful analysis of the data within Open Housing and Sun
* Follow current finance regulations and policies and procedures in all areas of your work
***The successful candidate will have strong housing experience, and experience using open housing is desirable***
The rate is negotiable depending on experience, and if you would like to hear more information please call 0207-430 1284 or submit an application and one of our consultants will be in touch should your experience be suitable.
James Andrews is acting as an Employment/Business Agency in relation to this post.