Rent and Service Charge Officer - 12-month Fixed Term Contract - Liverpool - Up to £30.5k plus benefits - Working from home initially with a mix of home/office working once restrictions ease.
Based in Liverpool, our client is a housing organisation who is seeking an individual to join their organisation within the Group Rent and Service Charge Policy function. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to provide a customer focussed Rent and Service Charge Policy service, delivering advice and support to finance and operational colleagues regarding Rent and Service Charge matters including associated business rules and formulae.
The role will primarily be to support in the implementation of standardised policies and procedures to ensure the accurate formulation of rent and service charges for all customer types and the maintenance of associated modelling and calculators.
- Support the Rent and Service Charge Policy Manager to develop and implement Group Rent and Service Charge policies and frameworks, contributing to reviews to ensure ongoing compliance with legislation, government guidelines, and Group policy
- Support the Rent and Service Charge Policy Manager to manage and oversee the rent review and service charge processes for the Group, ensuring statutory deadlines are met
- Act as the lead for all colleague/internal rent and service charge related queries, ensuring accurate and consistent application of charges and rent/service charge calculations across the Group for all customer types including leaseholders and tenants with Secure Rent Status
- Lead on the development of detailed procedures and supporting information for the Group on how to handle both standard rent setting and property/customer exceptions ensuring the correct protocols are always followed
- Ensure rent and service charge letters produced for customers are accurate, consistent, and compliant and adhere to Group and standards and branding
- Responsible for the preparation of financial information required for any first-tier/leasehold valuation tribunals
- Ensure third party stakeholders including DWP and Managed Agents have been informed of annual rent through recognised portals and other communications channels
- Manage the workflow to monitor compliance checks for service charge expenditure
- Manage internal and external stakeholders effectively, building constructive working relationships to effectively deliver the Group’s Rent and Service Charge Strategy
You will have solid knowledge and hands-on practical experience of Legislation, Regulations, and Standards relating to Rent and Service Charges within the Housing Sector. You will preferably have had experience of providing financial monitoring and administration for Rent and Service Charges. A pro-active team player is required who will show initiative and will have the ability to take ownership of tasks and be prepared to offer solutions to any issues identified. You will be proficient in the use of MS Office, including Excel, and ideally, will have knowledge of IT systems relating to Rent and Service Charges.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'