About Hiscox UK and Ireland
Hiscox UK & Ireland is a leading brand in the insurance market, recognised as setting the standards others try to emulate. We consistently deliver strong growth and exceptional returns, recruiting only the very best and empowering them to deliver. We are known for insuring the homes of the rich and famous through to the most innovative technology companies. Our customers are diverse and unique and are only united by our ability to provide specialist insurance tailored to their needs.
Due to a new system implementation Hiscox are looking for 11 renewals Administrators to help migrate our private client book of business. These roles will be for a 15 month fixed term contract.
In this role you will initially focus on helping to migrate and transfer our Art and Private Client policies.
What you'll be doing:
- You'll help make underwriting decisions and build relationships with our brokers to obtain missing or incomplete information
- Migrate the policies to our new underwriting platform ensuring quick and accurate processing
- Make underwriting decisions on risks line with your authority levels, ensuring the risks are appropriately recorded in the system
- Refer to your manager any risks which fall out of your underwriting authority
- Liaise with internal and external parties to resolve problems and missing information within processing deadlines
Or must haves:
- Someone who loves building rapport and trust with Underwriters, Operations and Brokers
- A positive teammate with a good work rate who lives the Hiscox values
- An excellent communicator (telephone and email) with first class interpersonal skills and able to relate to people
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- Determination for quality, able to provide a committed focus, a real self-starter
- Ability to resolve issues with limited guidance or intervention
- We are looking for someone who is results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a dynamic environment where pace of response and ownership is important to success
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work in an organised way and meet deadlines
Our nice to haves:
Previous experience in a similar role, ideally within the insurance sector