Our client, an Asset Management business in the City, seek a Finance Manager who deals with the outsourcing relationships for the day to day operations and accounting for their renewable energy investments. As the Finance Manager you will be accountable for the quality of the management accounts and financial information from outsourced providers and administrators. You will also spend a high proportion of your time managing the performance of the external accounting teams.
There is a large number of process improvements that are required. These include supporting and improving information flows between the various finance teams. You will also manage the relationship between the teams. As the team manages a large number of transactions, team members need to be exceptionally well organised, hardworking and conscientious to ensure that deadlines are met.
This role is to assist with the reporting delivery to key investors, including oversight of the external accountants and review of consolidations and variance analysis.
The role involves being a valued business partner to build and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You will manage one Qualified Accountant and have the following responsibilities:
- Review consolidations provided by external accountants
- Deal with all queries and taking ownership of requests and issues
- Work closely with the commercial asset managers to monitor all costs against budgets
- Preparation of routine and ad hoc management reports
- Assist with preparation of management accounts into a format for use in semi-annual valuation models
- Project manage the SPV level audits and review of statutory financial statements and corporation tax returns
- Liaising with external auditors as required
- Identify system improvements and take ownership of driving change across the team. This will involve working closely with external accountants
- Ad hoc project work, including providing assistance to various transactions across the group
You will need to be a Qualified Accountant with 4/5 years post qualified experience either in industry or practice. You will need to demonstrate you have business partnered in your role, this can be either from working in Audit or working with/overseeing an outsourced team. You can come from any industry sector as long as you have a degree and good academics along with an Accounting Qualification.