Removals Operations Manager - East Sussex - £30-35K - VR/18526
Our client a well-established removals and relocation company are looking for an experienced Removals Operations Manager for their East Sussex Branch.
This position is responsible for the delivery of efficient operations within the business through the effective management of operational resources. Responsible for planning and scheduling all bookings, working closely with and Transport Manager on all transport planning and logistics matters. Accountable to the Operations Director and provides support in the development of new operational strategies, policies and procedures and ways of working, cascading new ways of working to Crew.
Main Duties Include:
- Despatching and briefing Crew before and after each move and taking lessons learned and reviewing processes and procedures to continually improve performance
- Managing the resource planning of jobs utilising internal and external labour resources, matching skills, knowledge and capability effectively to deliver the highest levels of service to clients
- To manage bookings and resource to ensure sales and coordination teams receive timely and accurate information to support an efficient and effective booking process
- Working closely with the Customer Services team to advise on move plans and co-ordinate schedules
- Management of external labour including booking labour and managing all related issues
- Carry out tool box talks, in conjunction with the Branch Co-ordinator, investigations and formal meetings as required to ensure high standards of service and continuous development and improvement
- Printing and providing load sheets to Warehouse, in the absence of the Branch Coordinator, to prepare and load vehicles
- Responsible for signing off crew timesheets, overtime and weekends working
- Recovery of stranded vehicles and crew as necessary
- Liaising with the Transport Manager regarding vehicle availability, equipment defects, service & MOTs to ensure that resources and logistics are matched and planned
- To contribute to close working relationships with all personnel and to help to build an open and honest culture that facilitates learning, creativity and excellence
- To be empathetic and courteous to internal and external stakeholders, treating them with care and consideration at all times
- To undertake any other duties at the request of the line manager which are commensurate with the role including project work and absence cover
- To comply with the policies and procedures of the Company at all times
- Experience working in Operations Manager role
- Experience in dispatch of crew and vehicles and knowledge of planning, budgets, financial controls, route planning
- Knowledge of UK & EU Driver legislation and Working Time Regulations
- Ability demonstrating knowledge of removals and associated services in a multi-site environment
- Commercially aware, skilled in maximising revenue and controlling costs
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Strong attention to detail
- High degree of confidentiality
- Good verbal and written English Maths
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
If you wish to apply, please contact the Removals team of Red Recruit quoting reference VR/18526
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Removals, Relocations, Shipping, Freight, Logistics and Finance industries. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days, your application has been unsuccessful.