Our client, a Removals specialist, is looking for a Branch Manager to join their team in Hampshire, UK.
The Removals Branch Manager will have overall responsibility for branch success/profitability by agreeing, implementing and achieving branch objectives and targets. The position will provide strong leadership to deliver a world class removals service, ensuring that the company complies with legal responsibilities relating to operating standards.
Sales / Business Development
- Monitor branch performance including KPIs and ensure accurate reporting of figures and monthly profit and loss.
- Responsible for Branch Profit and Loss including gross profit / cost control / net profit.
- Conduct market analysis to identify opportunities for business development and generate leads.
- Negotiate quality business deals and write proposals, tenders and supplier agreements, negotiate rates and fees, close deals.
- Write client reports and other ad-hoc reports.
- Write and place ads, monitor and control advertising content and spend and develop advertising and marketing plans.
- Develop client relations and identify client needs / satisfaction.
- Quarterly and Annual analysis of client spend and Review of margin base in line with targets.
- Develop effective business and corresponding action plans, set quarterly aims, targets and objectives.
- Ensure legal compliance on all matters pertaining to VOSA, including Maintenance, Drivers Hours, Defect Reporting and Records Maintenance.
- Comply with all relevant H&S legislation to maintain a safe working environment.
- Ensure that all Company Premises are maintained and kept secure to protect effects belonging to the Company and customers.
- Manage operating costs and ensure that resource is used as efficiently as possible.
- Identify and discuss any training requirements with staff concerned and National Operations Director.
- Committed to continuous professional development and effective Performance Management.
- Set quarterly and annual targets and objectives.
- Monitor and review staff performance and achievement including annual appraisals and review of Key Performance Indicators.
- To manage sales staff setting KPI's to achieve maximum output.
- Hold weekly meetings; discuss task delegation, review issues, monitor sick leave and attendance, reprimand and praise staff.
- Interview and recruit branch staff, induction of new recruits, staff training (ensuring compliance with Health and Safety legislation), coaching and support and objective setting.
- Perform auditing and quality checking.
- Ensure the day to day credit control is managed effectively.
- Timely liaison with line manager reference performance issues and remedial actions.
- Resource branch effectively including leave and succession planning, recruitment and selection, in line with branch requirement.
- Implement policies and procedures as directed by the board of directors.
- Contribute to strategic projects and / or regional or group initiatives.
- Attend management meetings.
- Promote cross selling including added value services.
The ideal candidate will;
- Be a National and International CPC holder (desirable)
- Have knowledge of Domestic & Commercial Moving
- Understand Transport and Health and Safety legislation, Fleet and maintenance records
- Be a strategic thinker and effective problem solver
- Be proactive, selling, influencing, negotiating and gaining commitment
- Knowledge of management of the Profit and Loss
- Be an effective leader and manager
- Have the ability to coach and train others
- Understand customer requirements and competitive environment
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Be an effective planner, priorities and organiser
- Be an excellent communicator verbal and written