Due to the award of several major contracts we are looking to grow our team. Are you a brilliant PHP software engineer looking for an exciting new challenge, but who doesn't live near Cardiff? Then we have an opportunity for you. As a remote worker you'll be part of the same team that delivers world class software to high-profile clients across the globe, have access to the same awesome benefits and choices of hardware to work on, but you'll be working from the location of your choice.
Responsibilities and Duties
When it comes to PHP, your development skills are second-to-none. You have a proven portfolio of successfully-delivered projects. You’ve worked with high-profile organisations to produce powerful software that helps them achieve their goals and grow their business. And industry best practices are an integral part of your professional DNA.
More than this though, you just love writing code. The web excites you, and you’re probably an active member of the development community - contributing to open source projects, attending your local user groups, and joining online discussions.
If this sounds like you, then Box UK is the place to be. We’re working on exciting projects for blue-chip clients that would make other companies green with envy. We’ve got a big, happy family of highly talented developers who thrive in our challenging yet rewarding environment. And we’ve got a space in our team just waiting for you.
We want people that display a knowledge and excitement for web and mobile technologies - and if you also have experience in using the following technologies, we definitely want to hear from you:
We also adopt an agile approach for running projects here at Box UK. This involves sprint planning, daily stand-ups, maintaining the backlog, regular demos and project retrospectives, so if you’re familiar with these, so much the better.
Qualifications and Skills
- You're always talking passionately about web and mobile technologies - but never forget critical areas of web development such as usability, accessibility, information architecture and standards
- You care about the bigger aspects of development too - from frameworks to methodologies, patterns to interface usability
- You know when to innovate and explore completely new solutions, while understanding that there’s a time and a place for tried and tested approaches, too
- You're a driven, pro-active, pragmatic problem-solver - and will enjoy demonstrating this to us along with proven, relevant commercial experience
- You're able to work smart - drawing on your knowledge of code styling rules and guides as well as practices such as BDD, TDD, CI and IoC
- You care about the details - the positioning of a tab, the performance of a test suite, the beauty of a perfectly indented method
- You constantly crave more knowledge (no matter how smart you already are)
- You contribute everywhere - to your project team, the production team and outside of the office - and are happy to share your knowledge through a tech talk or blog
You're looking for us if:
You want to work with people that are passionate about what they do, with the attitude and outlook to complement your skills. We actively encourage our staff to develop themselves personally and professionally, while maintaining a successful work-life balance. Send us your CV but also take the opportunity to tell us why we should be excited about talking to you about this role. Be as creative as you want to be. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension
- Flexible working hours
- Private health insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- BCS membership
- Herman Miller ergonomic chair
- Training and conferences
- Social events
- Free fruit, coffee, tea and soft drinks
- Cycle to work scheme
- Death in service insurance cover
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job