We have an opportunity for a Relief Waking Night Support Worker to join our team in Bury St Edmunds in supporting adults with a learning disability.
This role will involve providing support during the night to the adults with a learning disability. Duties will include supporting with personal care, checking on general well-being, carrying out laundry tasks and some cleaning tasks throughout the night.
This is a relief post where the successful candidate will be working as and when required.Typical shifts are for 10 hours (10:00 pm to 07:00 am). As a relief worker you will have the flexibility to work less or more hours depending on the hours being offered to you and your availability.
We are looking for someone who is passionate and committed to making a difference to the people with learning disability. This is a challenging role however also tremendously rewarding too! In addition to this, you will be supported with our ongoing award-winning training to enhance your career.
* An enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate ( Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
Job reference 12239
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major supermarkets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.