We have opportunities for Relief Support Workers to join us in our services in Loughton, Chigwell and Waltham Abbey, supporting adults with a learning disability.
As we provide a 24 hour service, shifts will include mornings, afternoons, evenings and sleep ins. Shifts will be on a rota basis and will be spread across weekdays, weekends and bank holidays. Flexibility is therefore important for us to meet the needs of the people we support.
The role of a Relief Support Worker is varied and fulfilling. As a Relief Support Worker you will provide as much or as little support required by the people we support to enable them to achieve the things that are important to them. Duties may include providing support with cooking, cleaning, attending health appointments, managing finances, personal care and going out into the community. The people we support enjoy going out to golf, shopping, bowling and swimming. Clear and confident communication skills are important as one of the people we support is non verbal ( training will be provided on ways to communicate).
The ideal candidate will have a driving licence
By joining us you'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you will get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'. In exchange for your help to achieve these core values we will ensure that you get the training and development that you deserve.
* An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate ( paid for by Mencap T&Cs apply )
Job reference 11522
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.