Would you like to help support people with learning disabilities to live meaningful lives and learn new skills?
We are looking for creative, trustworthy and energetic individuals to join our team of Relief Support Workers in Henley-on-Thames. Henley is a supported living service where we support 12 people across 5 homes and also provide support to 3 people in the community.
The people we support like being included and having fun! Some their interests and hobbies include: horse riding, swimming, cinema and theatre trips, eating out, cooking, gardening, art, music and going to the gym. Some of the things you will be supporting them with include preparing meals, helping them understand their finances, personal care and accompanying them into the community
If you are looking for a job where you have the flexibility to choose when to work, then this is the role for you. As a Relief Support Worker you will be working as and when required. This means you won't be contracted to any set of hours but will be able to work more or less hours depending on the hours being offered to you and your availability.
*An enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate (Paid by Mencap)
Job reference - 10104
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&Cs apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job