Role: Relief Support Worker
Salary: £9.30 per hour
Are you looking for a way to help others?
Are you looking for a way to use your free time to have a positive impact?
United Response is a leading disability charity that is looking for a patient, compassionate individual to join one of our supported living services in Liskeard. We currently support one independent gentleman in a wheelchair who loves quizzes and attending the local day centre when possible.
What makes a good Relief Support Worker?
The only pre-existing skill we ask for is the ability to drive, everything else is about you and your personality. We are looking for people who have a genuine desire to help others and can work effectively as part of a team. It’s vital that you treat the person we support with the respect and dignity that they deserve, if you can marry this with a friendly nature you have all the key ingredients of a great Relief Support Worker.
What does a Relief Support Worker do?
The role of Relief Support Worker revolves around helping the person we support live his life as he chooses and could involve:
- Providing active support
- Assisting with jobs around the house
- Encouraging the person we support to be as independent as possible
- Accompanying on trips and leisure activities
- Taking an interest in the lives of the person we support
Pay and benefits
- £9.30 per hour
- 28 days annual leave (pro-rata for part time)
- Additional annual leave after 3 and 5 years' service
- Pension contribution
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
Please notes that successful applicants will be subject to a full DBS check.
- Supported Living
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'