Role: Relief Support Worker
Salary: £9.30 per hour
Location: East Cornwall
Looking for a role with variety and flexibility?
Looking for a job that makes a difference?
United Response is looking for a friendly and professional person to work across our services in East Cornwall as a Relief Support Worker.
If you are looking for a role that will allow you to gain exposure to a variety of social care settings then this is the role for you! The services you would be working in are as mixed and as varied as the people we support so we want someone who is happy to adapt and think on their feet.
What’s your role?
As a Relief Support Worker in this team you would be helping the services across East Cornwall to ensure they have the correct number of staff that allows us to continue providing the high quality person-centred support we pride ourselves on. As a Relief Support Worker you will:
- Provide person centred support
- Assist with jobs around the house
- Help the people we support develop life skills
- Accompany the people we support in the community
- Assist with personal finances
- Administer medication
- Personal care
What about you?
Given the range of services you will be working in we are looking for people with previous experience of working within social care; it’s vital that you are flexible, have the ability to think on your feet and use your initiative. To be a successful Support Worker you should have a passion for helping people and have the desire to help the people we support access the community in whichever ways they want. This role will involve covering a large geographical area so to be considered for this most you should hold a full drivers licence and have access to your own vehicle.
What’s in it for you?
As a Relief Support Worker you have the daily opportunity to positively impact people’s lives, you will also receive:
- £9.30 per hour
- 20 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (increases after 3 and 5 years' service)
- Pension contribution
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
Please note this role will involve elements of evening, weekend and bank holiday work and the successful applicant will be subject to a full DBS check.
- Social Care
- Support Workers
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'