Would you like to finish work each day knowing you have made a difference?
We are looking for compassionate, keen and caring individuals to join our team of Relief Support Workers to support a number of individuals in Winchester.
Your day as a Relief Support Worker will depend entirely on who you support, and trust us, there really are no limits to the interests, passions,hobbies and activities that the people we support enjoy.
Each day will be entirely different depending on who you support, and everyone has their own requirements. Some of the people that we support within our Winchester services are very independent and could really benefit from a guiding hand to support them with their living skills when it comes to shopping, meal planning and going out into the community.
There are also people who we support who will need their Support Worker to be a little bit more involved - particularly when it comes to personal care and supporting them with medication.
All of our services in Winchester are within walking distance of each other and the great thing about being on our Relief Team is that you will have variety in your job and the opportunity to connect with, and spend time with lots of the lovely people that we support!
Being a support worker isn't just about making day to day life good, it's about creating days that are spectacular! If you would like to:
· Go home after work knowing you have made a positive difference to someones life.
· Work flexibly on our relief bank where we have arrange of shifts available to suit you.
· Have access to award winning, paid for training and career opportunities.
Support workers must be flexible in the hours they can work, as support can be required 24 hours a day. You will work on a rota basis throughout the week, weekends and bank holidays with sleep-ins as well.
One of the most amazing things about being a Support Worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
If you would like more information about this post please get in touch with us directly and quote JOB ID: 10291
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.