We have opportunities for Relief Support Workers to join our team in Waltham Abbey in supporting adults with a learning disability. If you are looking to work flexible hours in a rewarding role we would love to hear from you.
As we provide a 24 hour service, shifts will include mornings, afternoons, evenings and sleep ins. Shifts will be on a rota basis and will be spread across weekdays, weekends and bank holidays. Flexibility is therefore important for us to meet the needs of the people we support.
The role of a Relief Support Worker is varied and fulfilling. As a support Worker you will provide as much or as little support required by the people we support to enable them to achieve the things that are important to them. Duties may include providing support with cooking, cleaning, attending health appointments, managing finances, personal care and going out into the community. The successful candidate will be working in our supported living service where we support 2 adults, a male and a female. The people we support enjoy going out to golf, shopping, bowling and swimming. Clear and confident communication skills are important as one of the people we support is non verbal ( training will be provided on ways to communicate).
Driving is desirable but not essential for this role
In return for your hard work and passion we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work
An enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate
Job reference - 10272
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&Cs apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job