Thanks to the ongoing success of the current service, we are seeking enthusiastic and dedicated Relief Support Workers to join our team in Surrey. We are looking for vibrant, compassionate and honest individuals who will support our individuals to live the life they choose to live.
The people we support need you to be understanding, reliable and most importantly caring - one of Mencap's key values.
We have various shifts available and these will be spread across morning, afternoons, evening and include sleep ins (Payment for sleep ins is competitive and compliant with National Living Wage requirements). Flexibility is important as all our shifts will be spread across the weekdays and weekends. The best thing about flexibility? It's a two-way street. While we may require that you work a variety of shifts, we also understand that you'll have your own commitments and we will try to factor this into our rotas.
As a Support Worker some of things you will be involved with include:
- Giving the people we support person-centred support in doing the things they love, and in making choices and decisions.
- Supporting in preparing and eating meals
- Encouraging the people within the service to try new things, to grow and develop to their full potential
- Supporting with washing, finances and medication
- Supporting with aspects of personal care
There's a real sense of friendship at the service, something that's particularly important to both the staff and the people we support. All you'll need to have is a positive attitude and a desire to improve the lives of those with a learning disability. If you support the people we care for, we will support you with award winning training and progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
If you wish to finish each day knowing you have made a difference to other people's lives, then we want to hear from you!
* An enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate (paid for by Mencap)
Job reference 11594
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job